Discussion topic: Can't watch TV as there is connectivity problem??

This message was authored by Ady_M This message was authored by: Ady_M

Can't watch TV as there is connectivity problem??

I cannot watch any television as it says in Sky "You can't watch TV at the moment as there is a connectivity problem". I've restarted the router and the Skq Main box but still the same issue. WiFi is working fine. But main box and mini boxes are not working. Any help anyone??

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Can't watch TV as there is connectivity problem??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ady_M wrote:

I cannot watch any television as it says in Sky "You can't watch TV at the moment as there is a connectivity problem". I've restarted the router and the Skq Main box but still the same issue. WiFi is working fine. But main box and mini boxes are not working. Any help anyone??

Hi @Ady_M 

Try a Network Reset found in main Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router.
If you are on Sky broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.
if you are on 3rd party (non Sky ) broadband then you need to enter the SSID and password for the router 2.4 Ghz WiFi band.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Ady_M wrote:

Hi @Ady_M 

Try a Network Reset found in main Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router.
If you are on Sky broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.
if you are on 3rd party (non Sky ) broadband then you need to enter the SSID and password for the router 2.4 Ghz WiFi band.

Ady_M
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ady_M This message was authored by: Ady_M

Nice one Pal!! Appreciate it!

This message was authored by medea This message was authored by: medea

the screen says in cannot fnd my new Sky Q box on the network

ERROR MR104

I have switched off all the plugs and boosters and put them on again.  No change.  

I do not know how to open or activate my sky Q box, or the little booster box on top of it

This message was authored by Lizzie371 This message was authored by: Lizzie371

We have a blue screen and no satellite signal. 

The message says the channel is currently affected by a problem with our satellite signal. 

We have turned the router off and back on again and we have turned the main box and tv off and back ion agsin. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Lizzie371 wrote:

We have a blue screen and no satellite signal. 

The message says the channel is currently affected by a problem with our satellite signal. 

We have turned the router off and back on again and we have turned the main box and tv off and back ion agsin. 

@Lizzie371 have a read through the link below it should lead to booking an engineer

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/signal-error-messages-on-sky-q

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion