Discussion topic: Can’t log on to Discovery plus to pair my sky q account

This message was authored by karlmyr This message was authored by: karlmyr

Can’t log on to Discovery plus to pair my sky q account

Why can't I log onto Discovery plus to activate my sky q account 

Discovery plus home page keeps flashing and it eventually says the website is not available really frustrating 

Sky have been absolutely useless trying to sort it out,done all the steps and still nothing 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Re: Can’t log on to Discovery plus to pair my sky q account

I have escalated your post to Sky, look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of the screen when an adviser invites you to a chat 🙂

This message was authored by Jinnyjoe1 This message was authored by: Jinnyjoe1

Yes I'm having exactly the same issue, I'll be interested to hear if it has been resolved for you. 😄

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

karlmyr
Topic Author

I got an email back from Discovery apparently Sky Q customers won't be able to join Discovery plus until the new year after they update their app,so whenever they bother to update there's nothing anybody can do 

biggest load of b****cks 

This message was authored by Jinnyjoe1 This message was authored by: Jinnyjoe1

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 😄

This message was authored by Paddy+Mac This message was authored by: Paddy+Mac

Same here, upgraded to sky Q before Christmas, then got VIP offer of free DiscoveryPlus. Tried logging in then and the activate page keeps flashing on PC.   Middle of January now and the same thing is happening, What the hell Sky? we not paying you enough money?

This message was authored by ForzaCalcio This message was authored by: ForzaCalcio

Same happenig here, I cant activate it on my skyq box and I cant log in on andorid, widows and several browsers. Any fix yet?

karlmyr
Topic Author

I was literally talking with Sky yesterday for 1hr and 23mins,still couldn't get Discovery plus to work,none of the links Discovery sent me works as their website keeps flashing then crashes and the guy (so-called)helping was saying that it's not a Sky issue but Discovery's and I should contact them so they can activate it,??!!!Why the **bleep** should I do all the running around for Sky, I have contacted Discovery 3 times and they're just as useless,so don't be expecting Sky to help

This message was authored by ForzaCalcio This message was authored by: ForzaCalcio

I literally just sent an email off to discovery so probably pointless considering your experience.

So it works on the android app but when logging in via web browser on laptop or phone yeah and I have same issue as you. It's very frustrating.

karlmyr
Topic Author

Discovery will just send you the same email as they sent me,it'll have a discovery gb link and an activate link but 100% they won't work,Discovery just don't care because I replied 3 messages back to them explaining that they don't work but got no response and that was on the 25th of January 

It's strange that it works on the android app. It has to be browser compatibility related. I think I missed scanning the QR code and this might have been the issue..did you scan your qr code?

karlmyr
Topic Author

Ye I tried getting on their website through my iPhone,tablet and the browser on my tv,I even asked my brother who lives in a different county to try but nothing worked,i did scan the qr code but that's as far as I got because as soon as I tried to activate my account Discovery crashed,this was early December and it's still not sorted,i have a 6 month old samsung smart tv and I downloaded the discovery app on it which worked but as I tried to play any video it says error:access denied really really frustrating 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion