Discussion topic: Can’t get viewing card into replacement Sky Q box

This message was authored by John+Carver This message was authored by: John+Carver

Can’t get viewing card into replacement Sky Q box

Hi...my old SkyQ box died with the dreaded hard disc failure.  A new one arrived today...very efficient... but the viewing card simply won't go in.  It goes in half way and meets a dead stop.  I've been with Sky for nearly 30 years and I can't believe I'm doing something really stupid.  Anyone got any ideas or I'll have to get another box!

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Can’t get viewing card into replacement Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John+Carver wrote:

Hi...my old SkyQ box died with the dreaded hard disc failure.  A new one arrived today...very efficient... but the viewing card simply won't go in.  It goes in half way and meets a dead stop.  I've been with Sky for nearly 30 years and I can't believe I'm doing something really stupid.  Anyone got any ideas or I'll have to get another box!

Not a lot you can do @John+Carver 

I assume you have tried to have a look into the card slot with a torch to see if you can spot any restrictions.  Not much room to see anything I know.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Can’t get viewing card into replacement Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you have not found any issues as described in post above.
You will need to follow the advice here and book a service visit

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/viewing-card-wont-click

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion