Discussion topic: Can’t get past strep 1 of 4 screen. Remote not responding

This message was authored by Colleen2 This message was authored by: Colleen2

Can’t get past strep 1 of 4 screen. Remote not responding

image.jpg

Cannot get past this screen. Unplugged everything and still turns on at this screen. Reset remote and tried to sinc it again but can't get off this screen. Any ideas. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Can’t get past strep 1 of 4 screen. Remote not responding

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Colleen2 wrote:

Cannot get past this screen. Unplugged everything and still turns on at this screen. Reset remote and tried to sinc it again but can't get off this screen. Any ideas. 

Hi @Colleen2 

Reset your mini remote by pressing  and holding 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times. 
This will set it to infrared which will work all Q boxes.   However the remote must be pointed directly at the mini box.

Switch your mini box back on and you then you should be able to get past step 1 of 4.

Once you get the mini working make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Colleen2 wrote:

Hi @Colleen2 

Reset your mini remote by pressing  and holding 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times. 
This will set it to infrared which will work all Q boxes.   However the remote must be pointed directly at the mini box.

Switch your mini box back on and you then you should be able to get past step 1 of 4.

Once you get the mini working make sure that you are pointing your remote at the mini box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Colleen2
Topic Author

HI @oldfella 

Tries to reset the remote by pressing 7,9 and it flashes 4 times but wont change the screen. I've tries to resync by pressing 1,3 but it's still on the screen and so I can't follow the steps. 

Basically 7,9 makes no difference. 

Any other ideas? 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Colleen2 wrote:

HI @oldfella 

Tries to reset the remote by pressing 7,9 and it flashes 4 times but wont change the screen. I've tries to resync by pressing 1,3 but it's still on the screen and so I can't follow the steps. 

Basically 7,9 makes no difference. 

Any other ideas? 

Hi @Colleen2 

You should not try syncing the remote with 1 & 3 until you get the mini working.

After pressing and holding 7 & 9 until the remote led flashes 4 times you need to make sure that you point the remote at the mini infrared sensor..

Reboot the mini box and try the procedure again

Colleen2
Topic Author

Thanks so much, @oldfella . I have it sorted. Still dont know what was going on, but that's the  level of my tech knowledge.  

Thanks so much for your help. 

Much appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion