Discussion topic: Can’t get LGTV to pick up multi room box it has worked in the past

This message was authored by mralancundy This message was authored by: mralancundy

Can’t get LGTV to pick up multi room box it has worked in the past

Multi room not working. LG tv saying no signal or not programmed. I have the skybox with a green light on it so presume that is okay but cannot get my TV to pick it up. I have the input set as HDMI 1 not sure what else to try. Can anyone help please? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Can’t get LGTV to pick up multi room box it has worked in the past

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mralancundy wrote:

Multi room not working. LG tv saying no signal or not programmed. I have the skybox with a green light on it so presume that is okay but cannot get my TV to pick it up. I have the input set as HDMI 1 not sure what else to try. Can anyone help please? 

@mralancundy have you tried changing inputs to a different HDMI input

if you have, have you tried pressing the home button then 1080 then home button again 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Can’t get LGTV to pick up multi room box it has worked in the past

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @mralancundy 

Please may I suggest you unplug the HDMI cable from bot the TV & mini box & re-seat it

If that doen;t bring any joy may I suggest a complete power down (i.e. unplug or switch off at mains) your TV

BTW the not programmed message relates to the TV's Freeview tuner so not relevant to SKY - just make sure the TV is set to the correct HDMI  input

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion