Discussion topic: Can I set record to new episodes only on sky q

This message was authored by chrisw1950 This message was authored by: chrisw1950

Can I set record to new episodes only on sky q

Can I set sky q to just record new episodes

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Can I set record to new episodes only on sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chrisw1950 wrote:

hi @chrisw1950 

I am afraid there are no  selective options for Series links - all the links are set by the broadcasters, so it depends on how they are set up for the programmes you want. 

I have to admit most of what I watch do only record the new episodes but I don't record lots & probably not on the same you channels that you do 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@chrisw1950 wrote:

Hi @chrisw1950 

90 % of what I record are series links previously set on new Series.

I find these mainly successful for picking up new seasons.   I would add that these are mainly high profile Sky Channels.

Sky Q does include Smart series links which is intended to pick up New seasons only

This message was authored by Will34 This message was authored by: Will34

That's not great. Virgin has this option meaning a series watched a year ago suddenly records the new series without filling your memory with all the re-runs. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Will34 wrote:

That's not great. Virgin has this option meaning a series watched a year ago suddenly records the new series without filling your memory with all the re-runs. 

@Will34 Sky does as well but Sky rely on the broadcasters to set the series link and the metadata so if your series link is recording older series as well then it's down to the broadcaster and not Sky unless its a Sky channel such as  Sky Max, Sky Atlantic etc. 

You can complain to viewer relations who can contact the broadcaster you can contact them at viewerR@sky.uk 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Jennie This message was authored by: Jennie

On Virgin you can select whether you want all including streaming programmes to be recorded, from which series you want to start  or New Only - if Virgin can do it why can't Sky?

I've been with Sky for years and only switched to Virgin a few years ago because Sky broadband sucks in my area so I needed to find a good provider and Virgin offered a great bundle deal but I have to say there are aspects of Virgin tv that Sky really needs to adopt.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion