Discussion topic: Can I buy an extension lead to fit between my sky dish and my sky q box????

This message was authored by keithrees1964 This message was authored by: keithrees1964

Can I buy an extension lead to fit between my sky dish and my sky q box????

I'm moving the Sky Q box in a room, and I'll need to get an extnsion lead to make the cables longer. Can anyone suggest a good one that doesn't caue any interference? 

Thank you.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat Answer

Re: Can I buy an extension lead to fit between my sky dish and my sky q box????

@keithrees1964 wrote:

I'm moving the Sky Q box in a room, and I'll need to get an extnsion lead to make the cables longer. Can anyone suggest a good one that doesn't caue any interference? 

Thank you.

Something like this will work perfectly well. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat Answer

@keithrees1964 wrote:

Thank you.

Something like this will work perfectly well. 

keithrees1964
Topic Author
This message was authored by keithrees1964 This message was authored by: keithrees1964

Many thanks.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@keithrees1964 wrote:

Can anyone suggest a good one that doesn't caue any interference? 

Note that lengthening a cable will always increase attenuation of the satellite signal because that's a fundamental principle of physics.  A small percentage increase on the original length shouldn't be significant.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion