Discussion topic: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Papabrad wrote:

Holy crap that worked, I thought for sure that wasn't going to do it but some how it tricked the system into reconnecting. Anyone else trying it make sure you keep hotspot on whilst you reset and reconnect to your WiFi. I didnt the first time and it didn't work, second time left it on and some how it worked. 

Changing to the hotspot wifi and back must clear something which doesn't happen if it tries to re-use the same wifi, maybe?

This message was authored by ClaudsMac This message was authored by: ClaudsMac

Another one on sky BB but cannot connect to sky box. Driving me mad

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClaudsMac wrote:

Another one on sky BB but cannot connect to sky box. Driving me mad

I've escalated it for you. Look out for a blue chat bubble.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @ClaudsMac.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Natalie+Weldon This message was authored by: Natalie+Weldon

Hi, I am having the same issue and nothing I try has resolved it.

This message was authored by Slkke This message was authored by: Slkke

I am having the same issue with Sky Q not connecting. . Have Sky broadband. It was working perfectly. WPS button won't reconnect and inputting manually doesn't work either. Rang Sky and they are sending engineer but not until 6th December. Would prefer to get it sorted before then obviously if someone here could help. 

This message was authored by Carl+Gibbons This message was authored by: Carl+Gibbons

Same issue here too. Can you explain the hotspot process ? Thanks 

This message was authored by Carl+Gibbons This message was authored by: Carl+Gibbons

How do you enter manually? I assume you choose non Sky BB?

This message was authored by Dg111cdf This message was authored by: Dg111cdf

So on my phone I set up a WiFi hotspot. (If you're not sure how to do it there's guides on Google).

I connected that hotspot to my Sky Q box. Waited for it to be connected. I then went into the advanced settings and reset the connection. 

Finally I reconnected the Sky Q box to my Sky WiFi and it managed to connect no problem. 

This message was authored by Slkke This message was authored by: Slkke

The reset using phone as hotspot did not work for me but I then did a hard reset on router (hold down for 30 sec). I had previously changed my password so it went back to default which I then had to change back. Sky Q then connected using WPS. 

Thanks. So when connecting to the hotspot you choose non Sky BB on the Sky Q box?

This message was authored by Stebbsy This message was authored by: Stebbsy

This is utterly pathetic. I am having the same problem. Seemed to work by turning the main box off and then on but now nothing works even by resetting the router, going through the ball ache of trying to connect etc. I could at least understand it slightly if it were a different router but everything non sky in my house connects fine to my sky broadband except the damn sky box!!!!! Unbelievable sky, simply unbelievable 

This message was authored by IainMcKim This message was authored by: IainMcKim

Same issue - can someone please assit.

Not seeing hotspots so can't try that fix

This message was authored by ClaudsMac This message was authored by: ClaudsMac

Go into settings, network connection,  select network setup.  Shows status.  Select reset, connected to WiFi.  That should ask for the WiFi network and password.  We entered password and this connected broadband to sky box. 

This is what worked for us.  Hope that makes sense. 

This message was authored by NS12 This message was authored by: NS12

This is driving me mad!! 
tried all of the above, managed to get it to connect via hotspot but then when tried advanced settings as suggested back to getting the unsuccessful connection message again.....

Any other help gratefully received! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion