Discussion topic: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Broadband not connecting to sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NS12 wrote:

This is driving me mad!! 
tried all of the above, managed to get it to connect via hotspot but then when tried advanced settings as suggested back to getting the unsuccessful connection message again.....

Any other help gratefully received! 

Tries the reset button on your router? Not the power button.

This message was authored by NS12 This message was authored by: NS12

Yes I've tried the rest button on the router too! 

Try a booster maybe. Would need to get it from Sky (or buy something like this 

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/tplink-re200-wifi-range-extender-ac-750-dualband-10024654.html

@Gaz1 said he has got a stable connection using a v1 of this extender, don't know how you make sure you get a v1 (there are 5 revs of the hardware) or if v2-v5 also work just as well.

This message was authored by IainMcKim This message was authored by: IainMcKim

Have now tried all suggested options (many thanks to all members for their suggestions) however nothing has worked . Can someone from Sky please response to advise how this issue should be resolved/progressed?

Thanks

This message was authored by KazzaB This message was authored by: KazzaB

I'm also having this issue. Have tried unplugging, resetting and hot spotting.

can not get my second Sky q box to work.

so frustrating.

This message was authored by Stebbsy This message was authored by: Stebbsy

The fact that no one from sky is responding to this long list of unsatisfied customers is pretty pathetic.

one way I tried that seemed to work is doing a reset of the router using the rest button then resetting the mini boxes as if you were installing them again for the first time. It's a right ballsche as you even need to re-sync the remote but it worked for me

This message was authored by NS12 This message was authored by: NS12

Had to get an engineer out yesterday, who finally after 45 mins managed to fix it! 
New parts were need, so it maybe your only option if like mine nothing else worked! 

@NS12 wrote:

Had to get an engineer out yesterday, who finally after 45 mins managed to fix it! 
New parts were need, so it maybe your only option if like mine nothing else worked! 

What sort of new parts?

This message was authored by Paul+O+1976 This message was authored by: Paul+O+1976

Having exactly the same issues as everyone else, was working fine this morning, went to watch at lunch time and hey presto, no connection to router, tried multiple times, resetting both sky q box and router, nothing, it is absolutely ridiculous!!

@Paul+O+1976 wrote:

Having exactly the same issues as everyone else, was working fine this morning, went to watch at lunch time and hey presto, no connection to router, tried multiple times, resetting both sky q box and router, nothing, it is absolutely ridiculous!!

Did you try the reset button on the router rather than the power? Supposedly has worked better for some people who are on Sky BB.

This message was authored by Paul+O+1976 This message was authored by: Paul+O+1976

Finally got through to a Sky Engineer, he asked me to unplug router and all cables, leave it 8 minutes, was then told to reconnect only the power, wait for it to power up and for the green wifi led to turn on, then tried reconnecting the Sky Q box using WPS, reconnected successfully, then plugged the internet cable back in, Sky Q box then also reconnected to internet once fully connected on router.

Will have to remember this for next time!!

@Paul+O+1976 wrote:

Finally got through to a Sky Engineer, he asked me to unplug router and all cables, leave it 8 minutes, was then told to reconnect only the power, wait for it to power up and for the green wifi led to turn on, then tried reconnecting the Sky Q box using WPS, reconnected successfully, then plugged the internet cable back in, Sky Q box then also reconnected to internet once fully connected on router.

Will have to remember this for next time!!

Bizarre! Thanks for sharing.

This message was authored by Chemmy1987 This message was authored by: Chemmy1987

I'm having this same issue!!

been trying for over a week now to try and sort it. 
Tried turning off the sky box, turning off the router, even did a factory reset 😩

Tried connecting to a hotspot and resetting the network - nothing works!

the broadband connects to everything except the sky box and the sky box will connect to hotspots but not the sky broadband! Think I'm gonna have to phone for an engineer... 😒

This message was authored by Chemmy1987 This message was authored by: Chemmy1987

Even tried this solution and it still won't connect 🙈

This message was authored by Lainy This message was authored by: Lainy

Did the engineer resolve it ? And did they say what was wrong?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion