Box Nation HD Channel 490

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Camera Operator
Post 1 of 13

Box Nation HD Channel 490

Something strange. I can get all sports channels including Sky sports and BT sports and all the relevant HD channels. I can get as well Box Nation  on channel 427 but not the Box Nation HD on channel 490. I do not think it is a signal issue, because when I go on to the tv listings it says on channel 490 No Listings Available and when I click on it I just get a blank screen.

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 3 of 13

Re: Box Nation HD Channel 490

@Mark39 is correct, from the BT website:

The BoxNation HD Live Events channel isn't available to Sky customers. However up to 20 live events will be shown on BT Sport HD every year. All fights available for BoxNation customers will be available to view on the BoxNation SD channel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 13

Interestingly the Box Nation website lists only channel 427, which may indicate that they don't broadcast on channel 490.

Answer
Oracle
Post 3 of 13

@Mark39 is correct, from the BT website:

The BoxNation HD Live Events channel isn't available to Sky customers. However up to 20 live events will be shown on BT Sport HD every year. All fights available for BoxNation customers will be available to view on the BoxNation SD channel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Camera Operator
Post 4 of 13

Mark 39

Thank you for that. However if you are correct, why when I am using Sky and go into sports tv listings channel 490 is listed but says no listings available 

I sssune from your reply that is the same for everyone and it is not a signal issue

Camera Operator
Post 5 of 13

Caesaromei and Mark 39 

Thank you and I just have to watch Box. Nation on channel 427

Thankd again 

First Assistant Director
Post 6 of 13

BoxNation 490 only has 1-2 programmes a week but they are only provided to BoxNation subscribers - unless you buy them with PPV.

If you are a BT Sport subscriber you do NOT get this HD channel via Sky - but you do on the BT platform.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 with UHD + two minis) using VirginMedia Vivid 350 (350/20mb).

Boom Operator
Post 7 of 13

Boxnation have closed their HD channel on the SKY platform. 

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Something strange. I can get all sports channels including Sky sports and BT sports and all the relevant HD channels. I can get as well Box Nation  on channel 427 but not the Box Nation HD on channel 490. I do not think it is a signal issue, because when I go on to the tv listings it says on channel 490 No Listings Available and when I click on it I just get a blank screen.

Producer
Post 8 of 13

490 here shows as BTSptBoxxOffHD.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 9 of 13

It must have all changed recently, as I am a Boxnation and Sky subscriber for years and have always watched the Boxnation channel live events in HD on Sky.

Boxnation Had 2 channels one in SD and one in HD. The HD channel is now missing. You think I would have received an e-mail or something letting us know they were taking the HD channel down.

First Assistant Director
Post 10 of 13

On Sky:

If you had a Boxnation subscription - you got the SD and HD Live events as a part of it. It is now SD only.

If you had a BT Sport subscription - you got the SD channel only.

Non-Boxnation subscribers would have to pay a PPV charge for the HD Live events.

On BT:

BT Sport HD subscribers get the SD and still get the HD Live events as a part of the subscription.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 with UHD + two minis) using VirginMedia Vivid 350 (350/20mb).

Runner
Post 11 of 13

Thank you very much for your clear reply. The only sport I watch is Boxing. I loved watching the live events in HD. Makes me think about moving over to BT lol. 

Runner
Post 12 of 13

While we have all discovered that Box Nation no longer has an HD channel,

@middlesex1993 wrote:

@middlesex1993 wrote:

I'd be interested if someone from Sky or Box Nation would like to explain why my subscription is still the same price? I would have expected a reduction by a few quid as I'm no longer able to see fights in HD which is what I originally sunbscribed to. Just another great example of not giving a toss about your customers!

Oracle
Post 13 of 13

@realredmonkey wrote:

I'd be interested if someone from Sky or Box Nation would like to explain why my subscription is still the same price? I would have expected a reduction by a few quid as I'm no longer able to see fights in HD which is what I originally sunbscribed to. Just another great example of not giving a toss about your customers!

I think it's a Box Nation subscription isn't it? I'd contact them. I doubt they'll explain here.

Recommended Threads
an hour ago 12:38 AM
Oracle an hour ago 12:33 AM
Oracle an hour ago 12:22 AM
Oracle an hour ago 12:20 AM
Ben+BTB yesterday 11:06 PM