Discussion topic: BBC iPlayer UHD on SkyQ?

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Re: BBC iPlayer UHD on SkyQ?

@MightyQuinn wrote:

Hi @Dave-1234567890   You don't mention that you have the UHD subscription add-on. The BBC iPlayer on my 2TB 32B2 box shows UHD The Responder on the home page.

Just for reference the Sky UHD subscription isn't required to access iPlayer UHD. You just need a compatible Sky Q box.

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

I had reset my box a while ago and just tried to watch Nightsleeper on iPlayer in UHD via a v3 box (32B206) and UHD had gone so resorted back to the tv app.   I then tried watching Brassic (latest series) in UHD and it wasn't downloading in UHD (either fully or auto next episode I can't recall specifically). Then I remembered that I turned download from UHD to HD because I was leaving sky.  

Anyway I turned it back to UHD and this morning iPlayer on my Q box now has UHD content again.    Search his with it off (on iPlayer it shows a hand full of programs) with UHD downloads on same programs with UHD logo.

So in summary it would seem you have to have UHD downloads switched on in the box settings but of a pain if you only have free UHD access.

V3 2Tb box

iPlayer beta ON

UHD subs 

UHD downloads switched ON 

and UHD on iPlayer works 

That said I've just switched back to HD and UHD content is still present but I  do think it took a day or so to come back on so may not be instant.   

worth someone else trying to see if it switched it on for your

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by Dave-1234567890 This message was authored by: Dave-1234567890

Yes there are quite a few settings to be right, e.g. 10-bit as well as those you mentioned 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion