Discussion topic: Are sky Q boxes free to existing customers

This message was authored by LL25 This message was authored by: LL25

Are sky Q boxes free to existing customers

We currently have skyHD+ but are thinking of getting Sky Q - is this box free to existing customers?  We also have Netflix (though this isn't through Sky).  Would we need to cancel this?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Are sky Q boxes free to existing customers

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LL25 wrote:

We currently have skyHD+ but are thinking of getting Sky Q - is this box free to existing customers?  We also have Netflix (though this isn't through Sky).  Would we need to cancel this?

Hi @LL25 

You may be offered a free upgrade to Sky Q.

You choose whether or not you take Netflix through Sky

LL25
Topic Author
This message was authored by LL25 This message was authored by: LL25

Hi, thanks for getting back...we have been sky customers since sky came out, so a long time! So maybe time for a new box 😁 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@LL25 wrote:

Hi, thanks for getting back...we have been sky customers since sky came out, so a long time! So maybe time for a new box 😁 

Hi @LL25 

Bear in mind that the life of Satellite TV is very limited now due to the expected short life of the existing satellites which are unlikely to get replaced.

I think you will find that Sky will try to push you towards Sky Stream but you must do your Homework.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-stream-faqs

This message was authored by CSH123456 This message was authored by: CSH123456

I upgraded a couple of months ago to Sky Q from Sky+ HD and the box was free, I did make sure about this when I rang up about getting it installed so probably best to ring to confirm this.

I decided to keep Netflix separate from Sky as I sometimes pause payment for the odd month or two if there is not much on it, I have the £10.99 option.    If you just pay every month anyway with Netflix then the Sky one is slightly cheaper but I didn't want to keep stopping and starting it with Sky as you have to ring up each to cancel it and restart.  

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@LL25 wrote:

Hi @LL25 in addition to the other replies you may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion