Amazon prime app add it please

Researcher
Post 1 of 14

Amazon prime app add it please

As above did a search and it said suggest it here so I have not going to buy box sets and Netflix but Amazon prime would tempt me to make the £10 upgrade..

Mike..

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 14

Re: Amazon prime app add it please

@btree+mike wrote:

As above did a search and it said suggest it here so I have not going to buy box sets and Netflix but Amazon prime would tempt me to make the £10 upgrade..

Mike..

Hi @btree+mike

Afraid that there is no indication from Sky that this is likely to happen anytime soon unfortunately.

Oracle
Post 3 of 14

@btree+mike wrote:

Mike..

Hi @btree+mike We requested Netflix, we got Netflix hopefully one day we will get Amazon Prime as well. Only time will tell. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 4 of 14

@btree+mike wrote:

Mike..

So you expect to get Sky Box Sets, Netflix and Prime for £10 /mth? Isn't that a tad unrealistic?

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Oracle
Post 5 of 14

@Chrisee wrote:

@btree+mike wrote:

Mike..

So you expect to get Sky Box Sets, Netflix and Prime for £10 /mth? Isn't that a tad unrealistic?

@Chrisee yep I'd say that's very unrealistic now £15 to £20 maybe more like it

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

Oracle
Post 6 of 14

@btree+mike

Netflix are entirely reliant on streaming subscribers, and I suspect would do a deal with anyone who might deliver eyeballs. Amazon are something like fifteen times bigger than Netflix and are highly diversified: Prime Video is a tiny part of the Bezos empire  and really only exists as a legacy of LoveFilm. Amazon  don't need to deal with anyone unless it's absolutely on their terms.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Camera Assistant
Post 7 of 14

You have Netflix what more do you want? Lol

Prime is good but not a patch on netflix

What I have- Sky Q 2TB box, Multi Screen,, box sets, cinema and sports HD pack, two sky Q mini Boxes, on Sky Fibre Max Broadband, LG 4K 55 inch TV
Researcher
Post 8 of 14

Just want to watch the grand tour 😊

was not looking to get Netflix and prime just prime on my telly I will probably bite the bullet and get a firestick and subscribe directly with amazon but would be nice to watch through the same box..

Would have thought it would be financially viable for both parties as sky could skim from the top of subscriptions watched through its device and Amazon would win more subscribers albeit at a cheaper rate..

But I'm no businessman lol..

Mike.. 

Sound Supervisor
Post 9 of 14

Netflix and Amazon are completely different propositions in the case of Sky - Netflix is pure video and is overall has a distinctive catalogue to Sky - therefore formulating and retailing that deal works for both parties as they’re not really stepping on each other’s toes... they can retail together and shore up their subscription base.

Amazon and Sky however compete in a number of areas in the U.K. - Streaming devices, transactional video and disc sales. OTT video, ‘channels’ as Amazon are now providing more than just Prime Video and now sports. I don’t consider it an impossibility but any Sky/Amazon deal would require a significant amount of reciprocation and not just letting Sky skim a few quid off the top. 

Oracle
Post 10 of 14

@Plektrum wrote:

Netflix and Amazon are completely different propositions in the case of Sky - Netflix is pure video and is overall has a distinctive catalogue to Sky - therefore formulating and retailing that deal works for both parties as they’re not really stepping on each other’s toes... they can retail together and shore up their subscription base.

Amazon and Sky however compete in a number of areas in the U.K. - Streaming devices, transactional video and disc sales. OTT video, ‘channels’ as Amazon are now providing more than just Prime Video and now sports. I don’t consider it an impossibility but any Sky/Amazon deal would require a significant amount of reciprocation and not just letting Sky skim a few quid off the top. 

@Plektrum that is true and I can understand where you are coming from but Sky have managed to get an agreement with BT from sometime next year

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

Sound Supervisor
Post 11 of 14

@Laing1 wrote:

@Plektrum wrote:

@Plektrum that is true and I can understand where you are coming from but Sky have managed to get an agreement with BT from sometime next year

Absolutely and again that reinforces what I said as the Sky/BT tie-up is wholly reciprocal- both parties are getting something out of the deal as per this article 

a516digital

I would imagine a Sky and Amazon tie up would see both parties getting something out of any deal.

Oracle
Post 12 of 14

@Plektrum

I think the disappearance of the 'Amazon' button from current TV remote handsets, and the ubiquity of the one for Netflix, is indicative of who is more desperate for viewers.  For most Amazon subscribers (apart from old-school Top Gear fans, perhaps), Prime Video is just a side-effect of having Prime for deliveries, and adding it to a Sky platform (particularly with billing and UI integration on the Netflix model) would be a significant technical challenge for Amazon with no gain on their bottom line.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Sound Supervisor
Post 13 of 14

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Plektrum

I think the disappearance of the 'Amazon' button from current TV remote handsets, and the ubiquity of the one for Netflix, is indicative of who is more desperate for viewers.  For most Amazon subscribers (apart from old-school Top Gear fans, perhaps), Prime Video is just a side-effect of having Prime for deliveries, and adding it to a Sky platform (particularly with billing and UI integration on the Netflix model) would be a significant technical challenge for Amazon for no gain on their bottom line.

I wholly agree - Amazon don’t get much out of it when they can just as easily sell their own Fire Device and Sky adding an app doesn’t really offer anything for them if they’re not getting a cut of that Prime membership. 

Highlighted
Sound Designer
Post 14 of 14

I use a 4K Apple TV box and you get the lot; Netflix, Amazon, Now TV , and itunes Dolby Vision movies to rent or buy.

Recommended Threads
14-07-2018 09:16 PM
Oracle 10-08-2018 07:08 PM
Community Manager 29-10-2018 09:24 AM
Oracle 02-11-2018 08:27 PM
3 weeks ago 07:34 AM