Discussion topic: 3pm Kick off on Sky UK

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

3pm Kick off on Sky UK

Im subscribed to premier sports and I found a little bug/ something thats not intentional, If i manually add Premier Sport 1 and 2 Ireland (12188 H DVB-S2/8PSK  27500 2/3) to my UK Sky Q box it allows me to view it on my UK Card, this is an issue as Premier Sport 1 Ireland shows 1x 3PM Premier League game on a Saturday. I can tell its the irish channel as Premier Sport 1 UK is showing something different compared to Premier Sport 1 Ireland and also Premier Sport UK is on a different transponder to the Irish channels

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: 3pm Kick off on Sky UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ThePope27  If you want to make sky aware of the issue send an email to viewerr@sky.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark77 This message was authored by: Mark77

@ThePope27 wrote:

Im subscribed to premier sports and I found a little bug/ something thats not intentional, If i manually add Premier Sport 1 and 2 Ireland (12188 H DVB-S2/8PSK  27500 2/3) to my UK Sky Q box it allows me to view it on my UK Card, this is an issue as Premier Sport 1 Ireland shows 1x 3PM Premier League game on a Saturday. I can tell its the irish channel as Premier Sport 1 UK is showing something different compared to Premier Sport 1 Ireland and also Premier Sport UK is on a different transponder to the Irish channels

So you really want to report a little loophole that some people may be using and enjoying? What a strange thing to do...

ThePope27
Topic Author

Yes I do, its not really a little loophole is it?

Its a breach of Premier Legaue TV blackout.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

@ThePope27 wrote:

Yes I do, its not really a little loophole is it?

Its a breach of Premier Legaue TV blackout.

It's a little (accidental I assume) loophole which yes breaches a blackout that is a massively outdated restriction. Why does it harm you if others watch live at 3pm on a Saturday?

ThePope27
Topic Author

Because its a breach of the 2:45 - 5:15 blackout rule, 

Premier Sports could be fined massively for allowing this to happen.

Its like Sky in uk showing a 3pm KO, its not allowed and the PL will fine them or potentially remove their broadcasting rights. 

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Just wait, now that premier are back fully in charge, they'll probably see to it that no one can watch these games, whether eligible or not.

ThePope27
Topic Author

I think they have the rights till 2026, prior to Premier Sports having the rights I think Sky Sports PL Ireland had the rights. We will see soon enough if it gets patched or is still open. I'm guessing premier sports just send 1 entitlement to the card and it allows both regions of channels.

ThePope27
Topic Author

IMG_1235.jpeg

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ThePope27 wrote:

IMG_1235.jpeg

What is interesting is that the image is of a commercial subscription broadcast not domestic, you can tell by the glass pint symbol 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@ThePope27 wrote:

IMG_1235.jpeg

Excellent! Glad it's still available for the fans, and good you've publicised it a bit on the forum so a few more people will realise and be able to watch. 😁

ThePope27
Topic Author

There's 2 versions of Premier Sport 1 Ireland and Premier Sport 2 Ireland when you manually tune, one shows the pint glass one doesn't show the pint glass.

Same as sky sports and BT sports if you manually tune, one shows the pint glass one doesn't.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion