Discussion topic: 2 receivers on the same scr communal dish

This message was authored by Shammy7861 This message was authored by: Shammy7861

Re: 2 receivers on the same scr communal dish

@Godfrey Thanks for all your help and support with this please correct me if I am wrong the Sky-Q box requires all 16 UB to work and because I've programmed it to 14 UB that is why it's saying No Sataliette Signal.

I contacted GT-SAT and they advised me to down the below as a text file from their Website and try that which I did and still had no luck can you please ping me your mobile number in a private message to contact you if you don't mind.

Screenshot_20240307_130635_HTML Viewer.jpg

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shammy7861   The text file that appeared for a few minutes in your last message, before it disappeared, was unfortunately just the default factory parameters and none of those User Band frequencies matched the Sky Q receiver specification, so that most certainly would stand no chance of working.

Godfrey.

This message was authored by Shammy7861 This message was authored by: Shammy7861

@Godfrey Thanks for all your help and support sorry but from my understanding what you are saying that it requires all 16 UB to be programed If 2 are missing it will not work at all.

I've have been talking to GT-SAT directly regarding this to see if they have a firmware or their is a way to force to add 2 extra UB I don't assume thier is a way to manipulate them as it does have 24 UB to use a different UB to try it sorry just thinking outside the box.

@Shammy7861 When you programmed the Sky UK User Band frequencies can you confirm that you selected each User Band to use 'Dynamic' mode.

Godfrey.

@Godfrey  Please the the attached screenshot I've just take for you.

I tried to see I'd setting UB 4 to UB 25 freq and UB 5 to UB 26 freq would make a difference but did nothing.

Thanks Sham

20240307_171530.jpg

20240307_171508.jpg

@Shammy7861   It might be worth trying a bandwidth setting of 36 MHz

Godfrey.

@Godfrey Tried that just know no luck still say No Satellite Signal.

The box has been tested on wide band and it worked at my friend's he is also brining his box in half a hour and am going to switch it to SCR mode and test it.

I am thinking it has to be the LNB I have SatPal and when you analys the Spectrum on it using a single Transponder it's not giving Sky-Q frequency spikes.

It will make more sense to you buddy.

Thanks Sham

I feel like am trying to achieve the impossible and it can't be done. I am not a expert but all I have done is because am curious and would be nice to get it to work as I wanted a single cable into my mum and dad's house with a Sky-Q Box might have to end up buying a Wideband Hybrid LNB which is what I should have done in the 1st place and feed another cable.

@Shammy7861 This image shows what emerges from my dSCR multiswitch when I use my test meter to instruct User Bands 15, 20 & 26 to turn on.

UB 15, 20 & 26.jpg

Godfrey.

@Godfrey My friend's has bought his satellite box and we have swapped it and set it to SCR mode and still says No Satellite Signal.

GT-SAT are saying it's a defective LNB this will make more sense to you "The LNB isn't making an SCR signal..that's the issue, it programs but doesn't create a user band."

Thanks Sham

@Godfrey The place I bought it from will be sending me a replacement LNB will keep you in the loop how I get on.

But does the above make sense to you are you able to confirm please can the frequencies be programmed under another UB.

If they are not their will it still work I don't have one to test it on.

I have also watched the video belpw but think this is a SKY-Q Box in Europe and gives you the option of setting up on Unicable.

In the UK Sky-Q box only get Wideband or SCR.

SkyQ Box (EN 50494 Unicable)

Thanks Sham

@Shammy7861 wrote:

..........are you able to confirm please can the frequencies be programmed under another UB.

Unlikely, I would expect the Sky Q receiver to select the User Band it requires to be switched on and then instruct that User Band to provide the datastream from the individual transponder required to watch / record the selected channel.

If they are not their will it still work I don't have one to test it on.

I have never tried to use a 24 UB device to feed a Sky Q receiver............... Your guess is likely to be as good as mine, but I am doubtfull as you cannot program UB 25 / UB26

I have also watched the video belpw but think this is a SKY-Q Box in Europe and gives you the option of setting up on Unicable.

The video bears absolutely no resemblance to any Sky Q UK receiver that I have encountered.

In the UK Sky-Q box only get Wideband or SCR.

Correct

If this LNB resembles your LNB it might be worth talking to SatShop and asking them how they have managed to program it for Sky Q UK receivers. BUT.......  their specification is rather confusing...........as it suggests both WIDEBAND polarisations emerge from a single dSCR output port?

Output Frequency Range: Vertical: 290 ~ 2340 MHZ Horizontal: 290 ~ 2340 MHZ
L.O. Frequency: 10.41 GHz

quad-output-31-40mm-lnb-for-sky-q/ 

Godfrey.

@Godfrey  Thanks for the explanation I gues its new territory what I am trying and will only find out if and when get it if it is possible.

Lol Satshop is where I bought it from they just sell the product as they buy fromma wholesaler. I've been speaking with the wholesaler tech guy who knows his stuff to.

I have also been in touch with GT-SAT directly via wattsapp as I had to get the programmer from them.

I have Anydesk on the laptop if you would like to remote on. I assum their are no other values which need to be set on the LNB judging from the screenshots I provided above.

Thanks Sham

@Godfrey The only way you could test it is if you have a multi switch setup for Sky-Q with those user bands and turned 25 & 26 off I gues.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion