Discussion topic: buying extra cameras

This message was authored by Mr+pingu This message was authored by: Mr+pingu

buying extra cameras

does anyone know if u can purchase a extra camera to cover the rear of the house

Best Answers
This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds Answer

Re: buying extra cameras

Hi @Mr+pingu,

You can't buy additional cameras or other smart devices I am afraid at the moment, but I did ask the Propisitons team and they've said the following: "We don't have the functionality at the moment, but it's one of our priority roadmap items, so shouldn't be too long."

So watch this space ...

Thank you

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds Answer

Hi @Mr+pingu,

You can't buy additional cameras or other smart devices I am afraid at the moment, but I did ask the Propisitons team and they've said the following: "We don't have the functionality at the moment, but it's one of our priority roadmap items, so shouldn't be too long."

So watch this space ...

Thank you

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by LadyTai1 This message was authored by: LadyTai1

It's a shame. It should be included to begin with. The set up seems pretty pointless with no protection for peoples' back doors. I looked into getting it but I'm doing some research into other systems as I don't want to buy add-ons from elsewhere as it would need a second system setting up. I would like the option to purchase more indoor cameras also.

This message was authored by Boissy132 This message was authored by: Boissy132

Any further with this? Extra cameras? 

This message was authored by Airborne83 This message was authored by: Airborne83

Hi,

do you know where we are up to with being able to purchase extra cameras etc.

I also have the issue with only two contact sensors that I can't even use on my windows and doors  as far as I can see as I have upvc and they don't sit so they can contact. Could you please advise on this issue also.

thanks

This message was authored by mistermole This message was authored by: mistermole

I also want extras...

camera and contact sensors

being able to use standard cctv cameras (eg hikvision) would be wonderful.

This message was authored by Barber83 This message was authored by: Barber83

We need more cameras let us buy more

This message was authored by Sclaff This message was authored by: Sclaff

Any progress on this roadmap? 

This shouldn't really be an afterthought! I presumed (incorrectly) that my existing cameras might be added to the network for additional protection.

A lot of blindspots with only 2 cameras. Hopefully, a positive reply coming soon..?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sclaff wrote:

Any progress on this roadmap? 

This shouldn't really be an afterthought! I presumed (incorrectly) that my existing cameras might be added to the network for additional protection.

A lot of blindspots with only 2 cameras. Hopefully, a positive reply coming soon..?

@Sclaff nothing been announced as yet but i'm sure it will come at some point it's just when 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by barrowfordclaret This message was authored by: barrowfordclaret

I too would like an extra indoor camera. Also it would have been nice to have options of other colours for the door bell and sensors. We have brown pvc doors and the white sensors stick out like a sore thumb.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion