Discussion topic: Sky Protect App on Android - keep being logged out

This message was authored by DuncanKent This message was authored by: DuncanKent

Sky Protect App on Android - keep being logged out

Every couple of days or so I stop getting notifications from my doorbell. When I go into the app to look, I have to log in again, so it's obvioulsy logging me out in the meantime. This is despite ticking the "Keep me logged in" box. My wife has the same issue.

Is there a way around this? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S22.

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

All Replies

This message was authored by wez1979 This message was authored by: wez1979

Re: I keep being logged out of the Sky Protect app

I have the same issue and I'm also using a Samsung, its ever since the app update to .14,, and when I try to log back in, it takes a number of goes as I jeep being told to check I have a policy etc, then I eventually I get logged in, then after a while, a repeat of the same process. Apple app does seem to have any issues as my partners phone doesn't do it, oh and my doorbell doesn't always register its been pressed to the chime, and to think I got rid of my ring doorbell where I have had no issues with for this too...

This message was authored by fordyno9 This message was authored by: fordyno9

Re: Can’t log in to protect app.

Following this I have exactly the same message 

This message was authored by PaulHutch18 This message was authored by: PaulHutch18

Unable to log in to Sky Protect App

Hi 

Since the app has been updated 4 days ago , been unable to log in to the App. Keeps saying please check your login details . Come on Sky sort this out , used the same login details now not being recognised 

Sort this out Sky now becoming annoying 

This message was authored by Skybroadbandister This message was authored by: Skybroadbandister

Its making the video door bell pointless by the time its took to log into  the app minutes have passed not making it secure i got it because I am physically DISABLED it made me feel safe but not anymore I cant just tap the icon and open the app I have to enter username and password and wait for it to load. 

Jkb
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Unable to log in to Sky Protect App

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As others have mentioned on here;

I am having the same random login problems with the app, the last few days since the Android update.

I have reported in our closed forum, for any help from Sky to pass onto the Sky Protect app team.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for highlighting this problem.

I've sent the details off to support teams to investigate and fix the problem.  As soon as I have more information, I'll post here 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by kirbies This message was authored by: kirbies

Sky Protect App not staying signed in

So recently for about a week now I have noticed that the sky protect app does not keep me signed in. Thus I don't get push notifications when door bell is pressed or something is happening.

eg. this morning I signed in again. then a few hours later post man turned up but my phone did not alert me because it had signed out again. When signing in I do make sure the tick box is ticked for remember me etc.

Nothing has changed settings wise my end its just started happening.

I know it happens when my phone reboots (Andriod) but in these cases it is not.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Protect App not staying signed in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kirbies 

I have moved your post to the topic at hand about this because as you can see if it a known issue that is being investigated by Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Arv3 This message was authored by: Arv3

Re: Sky Protect App on Android - keep being logged out

Same issues keeps askjng me to inpuy my skyId , any resoloution in the visinity?

This message was authored by Browncoat1013 This message was authored by: Browncoat1013

Has there been an update on this issue? I've had the same issue for a week - not much point having the doorbell if it can't be fixed. 

This message was authored by DSpurs This message was authored by: DSpurs

Same here, pointless having Sky Protect as the app always logs me out and auto arming has stopped working even when I'm logged in.

This message was authored by Arv3 This message was authored by: Arv3

I have just re booted my andriod (samsung) and the app seens to open and all devices active, not sure if this is fluke or!!

This message was authored by Meh This message was authored by: Meh

Same issue. Its infuriating. Samsung flip 4. Wife's does the same. Logs out every 2 or 3 days.

Pointless system if you don't ever get notifications someone is at the door or a motion/leak/door sensor activates.

Even when I do log back in I sometimes don't get notifications for 10 or 20 minutes despite being in the house on a Gigabit+ Internet connection.

I'm having serious buyer regret.

This message was authored by ANDY1254 This message was authored by: ANDY1254

Im also having same issue, they ssy that the protect items were free but not when you work out you pay more per year than witjout them,mine is £150 per year more for having this stuff and honestly its rubbish.whats the point of having this tech if it doesn't work.doorbell pressed but as not signed in you get no notification,leak sensors register high humidity constantly.also doorbell battery lasts 3 weeks if lucky,this tech package apart from doorbell was £99 when neos owned company,they cant say the useless doorbell is worth £151 as its definitely not, sort you stuff sky

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion