Discussion topic: My sky protect camera is not working I have tried reseting it but it does not work

This message was authored by dave304 This message was authored by: dave304

My sky protect camera is not working I have tried reseting it but it does not work

My sky protect indoor camera jas stopped working I have tried to reinstall it but it will not allow me to do this as it doesn't flash yellow on power up

All Replies

This message was authored by Richard+Westwood This message was authored by: Richard+Westwood

Re: My sky protect camera is not working I have tried reseting it but it does not work

Same here yesterday still cannot get the doorbell to connect either.

This message was authored by Richard+Westwood This message was authored by: Richard+Westwood

Re: My sky protect camera is not working I have tried reseting it but it does not work

2023-12-03_11-54-18_000.png

Deleted the app and then reloaded and logged in indoor camera now works, might have just needed to log out and then login again.

This message was authored by WilliamD This message was authored by: WilliamD

I am having the same issue, have also tried removing and re-installing but left with a solid yellow light so cannot proceed any further. 

removing and re-installing the app itself has made no difference, i suspect the camera has just became faulty. 

let me know if you have any joy with yours. 

Elevated with the Sky Protect team who recon it's a Sky network issue with the Sky hub 3 & 4. Update expected next week hopefully.

This message was authored by Diane13 This message was authored by: Diane13

Mines done same asked for a update on indoor camera now I have lost the camera on my app as it says it's updating and cannot do anything with it now

This message was authored by ANDY1254 This message was authored by: ANDY1254

my camera has gone today,all sensors now offline as the sensor bridge is in back of camera,what a waste of time and money this package was,and please dont anyone say it was free,as ive worked out over 2 years it will cost me £250 in insurance payments,hope it gets sorted soon

I contacted sky via the contact us email email and was in contact with a guy called Matt. 
After a bit of trouble shooting, it transpired as I expected that the camera was defective. 
If the rear light is solid yellow...

press and hold the set-up button for 30-60 seconds, if camera is working during the 30-60 seconds a hard reboot will happen, an internal click will be heard and light should start flashing, at that point you can re-install the camera. If the light remains solid then camera is defective. 
I had to make a 2 min video showing the camera light remained solid yellow. 
as soon as this was seen Matt sent me out a new camera and a pre-paid label to send the defective one back. 
The email conversation prob took a max of 15min from first response from Sky and new camera was with me in 3 days (2 working days)

Had an email exchange with Matt and new doorbell camera arrived late yesterday, will update today once I have installed it. Hopefully all sorted.

Installed the replacement video doorbell and chime all synced first time. Fitted to the front door and it went into a firmware update:

IMG_5241.png

 which had failed:

IMG_5242.png

going to fully charge overnight and return to this tomorrow. 

This message was authored by Ian368 This message was authored by: Ian368

Mine has been off for days! Won't reboot or remove device! It just says trying to reconnect 

Have a look at my reply posted on the 3rd, contact sky through the "contact us" email. 

to speed things up try all the pointers sky gave me. If the Camera fails to respond they should send you out a new one. 

if it comes back to life then happy days. 

This message was authored by Ian368 This message was authored by: Ian368

All working now thanks for the heads up! 

This message was authored by frankofox This message was authored by: frankofox

My wife has been trying to get this Sky Protect camera working for hours and is in tears.

She has rebooted it, reloaded software, uninstalled software and reinstalled, siwtched off and switched on and nothing seems to work. 

It say it is installed and working but we just have a black screen. 

No help from Chat and when we go on the PC to complain it gives you two options - broadband or mobile.   

Help!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion