Discussion topic: Doorbell

This message was authored by 66roadie This message was authored by: 66roadie

Re: Video Doorbell review?

Can anyone assist me with the problemsI have with my video doorbell please.
After receiving the kit I have set up the indoor camera, this works fine.
Now, when I setup the video doorbell and set the perimeter alarm the doorbell function does not work (video works fine) however if I turn off the perimeter alarm the doorbell works? Surely this is not how it should function?
Another problem I have is I cannot speak to the person outside via the doorbell? I was told to go to the live camera and I would be able to speak this however does not work ( speaker is switched on in live feed and I can hear the person on the doorstep) the mic function below ( that says press and hold is switched off) and I cannot see anywhere to switch it on.

mall help will be mot appreciated.

This message was authored by 66roadie This message was authored by: 66roadie

Can answer my own question- 

At last everything is now up and running,

I must admit it was a schoolboy error on my part, the microphone function in Sky protect app in my phone settings was turned off 🙄 I should have checked that out initially still all is well that ends well.

This message was authored by Fievel This message was authored by: Fievel

Re: Doorbell battery

How you get online support as can't figure it in app. As my doorbell just says a problem occurred 

This message was authored by Marminuk This message was authored by: Marminuk

I am having weird battery issues too.

Mine is full for a day or too (shows full in app), then drops to zero, no medium or anything and no warning, currently been running fine on empty for 2 days and counting!?

This message was authored by rosco2278 This message was authored by: rosco2278

Having the same problem and been in touch with Sky Protect support regularly about this. On my second doorbell, no difference. Support are now saying it's due to signal strength in my house and have advised that I move the chime closer to the door. Kinda tricky when it's hard wired into the router. 

Definitely sound to me that in typical Sky fashion, they've pushed out tech that wasn't mature enough. 

This message was authored by Marminuk This message was authored by: Marminuk

I left mine on to see what happened when it ran out.  Bizarrely its still going and the charge indicator has now gone up and is showing 2 bars as would be expencted.

Wondering if the battery is just "bedding in"?  Had batteries in the past that had to go through the charge/discharge cycle a few times before they indicated correctly.

This message was authored by rosco2278 This message was authored by: rosco2278

Wish that was the case with mine. I get the low battery warning, then critical and then the doorbell dies. Maximum it's been running for was maybe 4 days with motion detection off and maybe only 2 or 3 presses during that time. 

Was also advised it needs charged off the chime unit and not off a normal or regular USB plug as that can affect battery life. Taking that with a pinch of salt at the moment. 

This message was authored by Gary_Gough This message was authored by: Gary_Gough

It's beyond useless!
Battery lasts 4 days if you're lucky and it's a nightmare to pair after every charge.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

I have arranged for mine to be returned. Luckily for me, I now have two screw holes to fill in!

This message was authored by Gmaster This message was authored by: Gmaster

Hi

Just received all my gear. I can see it isn't perfect but the insurance was cheaper than my renewal.

can someone answer an obvious question? Presumably my Chime has to say plugged into my router? I love the fact that the Sky router only has 4 ports and their system wants one or two of those before you start 

I'll order a splitter if so

any other likely to ask for a port? 
I hope to God the indoor camera doesn't or that won't be fit for purpose.

cheers

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gmaster wrote:

Hi

Just received all my gear. I can see it isn't perfect but the insurance was cheaper than my renewal.

can someone answer an obvious question? Presumably my Chime has to say plugged into my router? I love the fact that the Sky router only has 4 ports and their system wants one or two of those before you start 

I'll order a splitter if so

any other likely to ask for a port? 
I hope to God the indoor camera doesn't or that won't be fit for purpose.

cheers

Only the Chime requires an ethernet cable to your router.

The video doorbell connects to tge Chime.

The indoor camera connects to router via wifi.

A sensor bridge sits on the back of the indoor camera. 
The three leak sensors, two contact sensors and the motion sensor connect to the sensor bridge that sits on the back of the indoor camera.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Marktinny24 This message was authored by: Marktinny24

Re: Doorbell

I am on my 2nd doorbell. Technical support advised a 24 hour charge before installing I did this. Battery lasted 2 days. The doorbell is on charge more than the wall. I'm worried that my insurance will be void if the worse happens because the doorbell isn't on the wall. I also get random notifications in the evening stating tamper but when check the doorbell there are no issues.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marktinny24 wrote:

I'm worried that my insurance will be void if the worse happens because the doorbell isn't on the wall.

The policy document makes it clear that use of all (or indeed any) of the 'Sky Protect Tech Bundle' is not required for insurance cover to be valid: its inclusion is for marketing purposes.

Not caught on camera? No problem.

Don’t worry if you need to make a claim and don’t have any evidence recorded by your smart tech. We understand you can’t always catch everything. The smart tech is here to help, not hinder, and we will never ask you to submit any files from them, nor hold it against you if you choose not to. This is your personal data and what you do with it is strictly up to you.
(p4)

We provide you with the Sky Protect Tech Bundle. It’s designed to help you monitor your home and keep it as safe as possible. If you don’t use the Sky Protect Tech Bundle, it will not impact any claim you make under the insurance cover provided as part of Smart Home Insurance (p7)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Khunt This message was authored by: Khunt

My ring door bell is charging and showing solid orange light not blue. It only lasts 3 to 5 days. Absolutely useless. Can anyone help?

This message was authored by Cerys68 This message was authored by: Cerys68

Yes, sadly the same problem with mine. I've changed the capture area and still have to charge every 24hrs. Also I have to pair the doorbell with the chime every time. Very annoying. I can't see a future for me and this bell!

videolive
Topic Author
This message was authored by videolive This message was authored by: videolive

I have given up and stopped using the doorbell, i just leave it in situ on the front door as a deterrent now..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion