Discussion topic: Do I need to drill in the wall to attach the sky protect doorbell?

This message was authored by Emily12341 This message was authored by: Emily12341

Do I need to drill in the wall to attach the sky protect doorbell?

I am thinking of purchasing the sky protect and with it I get the doorbell, leak sensor, motion sensor and indoor camera. 

I am at a rented property and worried about drilling holes. 

Is there a way to mount the doorbell without drilling? 

Thank you in advance 

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Do I need to drill in the wall to attach the sky protect doorbell?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It is designed with the backplates and would be the most secure way to attach the doorbell, by drilling.
But, if you are willing to try, you could attach the backplate with sticky glue pads, that you would have to purchase yourself.
I have one my cctv cameras (not part of the sky protect kit) attached to a brick wall for five years and is still sitting tight. It has a similar back bracket to the doorbell, for easy removal of the camera leaving the backlate attached strongly to the wall.
The pads I use were the heavy duty watrproof ones form 3M, available on Amazon. The pads can easily be cut to size.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Emily12341
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emily12341 This message was authored by: Emily12341

Thank you so much for your reply, that's a great idea. 
I will order them, I am just conscious that it is a rented property and don't want to do any damage. 
I have signed up for sky protect, thank you! 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emily12341 wrote:

I am at a rented property

I'd observe that full Building & Contents insurance shouldn't be necessary as a tenant, and potentially complicates any claim for the property itself because it may well be double-insured (as the owner should have their own Buildings cover)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by lougrego This message was authored by: lougrego

Hi @Emily12341 

Did you use the pads to keep the doorbell up? I'm thinking about getting it myself and would also not want to drill holes, so I was just wondering how it worked for you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion