Discussion topic: Alexa

This message was authored by StanTheMan73 This message was authored by: StanTheMan73

Alexa

Will the doorbell or sensors ever work with alexa? Or will it  be SKY only integration, would be good if I could get lights to turn on with door or motion sensor, had a quick look a quote, and came up cheaper than my current policy, which ends in June, so may look closer at cover to see if offers same cover.

Might be interested if even I only used video doorbell. 

had SkyQ + 2 Minis with Philips Ambilight 48"

Now SKY GLASS 65" +
3 Pucks

SONY S40R 5.1 surround sound bar
SKY VIP Diamond (20+ Years)

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Alexa

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As mentioned a few days ago on here to a similar post.

Sky have said that the devices do not integrate with Apple HomeKit, Google nest, Alexa etc.
There are no plans for this to change at the moment.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

As mentioned a few days ago on here to a similar post.

Sky have said that the devices do not integrate with Apple HomeKit, Google nest, Alexa etc.
There are no plans for this to change at the moment.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by PenguinePenguin This message was authored by: PenguinePenguin

Came to see if I could add to Alexa and it's just yet another disappointments

The not being able to change the tone on the app is my biggest pain, the notification sound is the same as everything else and I often miss my doorbell. Alexa with RING means all my RING devices shows me when someone is at my door and I can talk to them via the echo show etc. 

My second bug bear is not being able to speak to anyone. To have my doorbell working I've had to run a 20m cat-6 cable so that my doorbell chime is in my porch through the wall of my doorbell - which means I can't even hear that when it goes off.

i wish I'd looked into this more closely as I'm now paying for all this tech and I've had to resurrect my RING devices 

a moan but also a warning for anyone looking and thinking about it 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@PenguinePenguin wrote:

Came to see if I could add to Alexa and it's just yet another disappointments

The not being able to change the tone on the app is my biggest pain, the notification sound is the same as everything else and I often miss my doorbell. Alexa with RING means all my RING devices shows me when someone is at my door and I can talk to them via the echo show etc. 

My second bug bear is not being able to speak to anyone. To have my doorbell working I've had to run a 20m cat-6 cable so that my doorbell chime is in my porch through the wall of my doorbell - which means I can't even hear that when it goes off.

i wish I'd looked into this more closely as I'm now paying for all this tech and I've had to resurrect my RING devices 

a moan but also a warning for anyone looking and thinking about it 

@PenguinePenguin as per @lettice answer this does not integrate with Alexa.

You should be able to change the tone on your (depending on what phone you have) as I can change the tone on my phone so its not on the default tone

if you look on the app under contact us you should be able to find a number and/or email address 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion