Discussion topic: Advice for getting chime closer to video doorbell

This message was authored by DCH4891 This message was authored by: DCH4891

Advice for getting chime closer to video doorbell

I'm experiencing similar problems to many other users with there being delays between someone ringing the doorbell and hearing the chime, or seeing the visitor on the app. 

I'm hoping that moving the chime closer to the door might help. We could connect it to the mains by the front door, but the wifi router is at the other end of the ground floor.

Is there some kind of solution? Could I buy a secondary wifi extender hub with an ethernet port which would connect to our main wifi router wirelessly and then place it by the front door and connect the chime to that instead?

Has anyone tried anything similar? Any ideas about what kind of device I'd have to purchase (i.e. does the device I've described even exist?)

Any help/advice much appreciated. TIA

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Advice for getting chime closer to video doorbell

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DCH4891  I had this very same issue and had to use a long ethernet cable connected to the router. I was then able to position the chime in another room that is closer to the front door.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion