unable to receive calls from O2 mobiles after porting my number across from O2 to Sky mobile.

Viewer
Post 1 of 13

unable to receive calls from O2 mobiles after porting my number across from O2 to Sky mobile.

I have recently ported my mobile number across from O2 to Sky and I now am unable to receive calls from O2 mobiles. This is very frustrating as my son and husband are both with O2, I can receive texts from them and I can call them but when they try to call my the number it just sounds as if disconnected. My daughter is Sky and sister EE so no problems there.

I need my mobile for work and cannot be reachable during on call periods.

Can anyone suggest a fix? I have re set my phone, checked numbers not blocked, no privacy etc on, re-connected to Sky network, removed and cleaned sim - literally EVERYTHING! The problem is too specific so I'm guessing it lies with the port which I cannot do anythign about. Please can someone shed some light on this?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 13

Re: unable to receive calls from O2 mobiles after porting my number across from O2 to Sky mobile.

I would contact Sky support so they can check that the porting of the number has gone through without any issues:

https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-mobile/support-with-sky-mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 3 of 13

Re: unable to receive calls from O2 mobiles after porting my number across from O2 to Sky mobile.

I have had the same problem since I ported my number over from o2 on Thursday!

i have been told that there is a problem between porting number from o2 to sky which is causing this and affecting receiving calls from o2 numbers.

what advice have you been given?

Managing Editor
Post 4 of 13

I'll continue viewing this thread as I'm awaiting pac. Code from o2 to port my number to sky mobile for my Xs arriving in a few weeks

Managing Editor
Post 5 of 13

Got my pac code from o2 today after declining their Xs offer as it exceeds total cost from Sky.

I have until 23rd Oct' to use the code.

Let's hope my Xs is delivered from Sky ahead of pac code expiry.

Community Manager
Post 6 of 13

Hi all, 

Sorry for the late reply but this issue seems to have been caused by a technical issue on routing last week for users who had recently ported out from an O2 host network to receive calls from some O2 numbers. It seems to have been fixed over the weekend and we are treating the issue as closed. 

If you're still getting this particular problem you should get in contact through the usual methods. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
New Viewer
Post 7 of 13

I’ve recently ported my partners number over from 02 to sky and she can’t get calls or incoming messages from other networks she can call out but no one can call her checked all settings and there fine only thing that’s different is the face time and iMessage number it’s still original sim number 

New Viewer
Post 8 of 13

Hi Sam,

Clearly this seems to  be an ongoing issue with Sky when porting numbers across and isnt resolved at all. I have just ported my number across and am unable to receive calls or texts from other networks. 

Can you look into this as  a matter of urgency? I need my phone for work purposes.

Oracle
Post 9 of 13

@ChrisMac23

If you are having issues then as per Sam's post it is up to you to contact Sky support about. His post is related to when there were issues back in September which have long since been sorted. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Managing Editor
Post 10 of 13

I must be one of the lucky ones my o2 to sky port went fine on Xs upgrade some time ago.

Runner
Post 11 of 13

Hello All

Two numbers ported yesterday, and i waited all night thinking it was not done, as i was using my work mobile on EE, to test.

Tried this morning from the house landline, and all seemed to be ported.

Tried via O2, and again all worked.

Tried from my work mobile (EE) again and just get a beep then disconnect, to both numbers ported to Sky?

Called Sky tech support, and awaiting a conclusion. Went through all the troubleshooting with the young lady, to no avail. She has bounced this further up the technical support tree, and this is where i stand now.

This must be done to routinmg, as i tried a collegues handset on EE, and the same happens. This is not a device issue, but a network to network issue.

Keep y'all posted!

Runner
Post 12 of 13

an Re: unable to receive calls from O2 mobiles after porting my number across from O2 to Sky mobile.

Other than this issue, so far i like Sky Mobile. However they need to sort this out ASAP, or i will lose patience! 

Smiley Happy

Runner
Post 13 of 13

Lost patience!

moved to another network. Thanks for nothing Sky