mobile data issues?

Researcher
Post 16 of 29

Re: mobile data issues?

just to clarify no Sky mobile voice or texts or data here in west midlands - - says 'no service' even after switching on and off a couple of times.  Usually 1st class signal.

But Tesco sim works with full signal for voice and text - strange!

Runner
Post 17 of 29

Thank you, didn’t realise Sky used O2. 

Researcher
Post 18 of 29

Sky voice and text just came back on in my area but still no data (4g) as of 9:33

Researcher
Post 19 of 29

PS - forgot to say - still think the Sky mobile concept is great! - we think it is very good value for money - and the signal is (usually LOL) - much stronger and stable here for calls where we live than EE ever was!

So will forgive O2 glitches for now!  

Sound Designer
Post 20 of 29

This is from the service staus page which I think actually comes from O2's page which won't even load on PC due to the hammering it's getting:-

One of our third party suppliers has identified a global software issue in their system which has impacted us.  We believe other mobile operators around the world are also affected.  Our technical teams are working with their teams to  ensure this is fixed as quickly as possible.  We’d encourage our customers to use Wifi wherever they can and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Runner
Post 21 of 29

I can't even make calls or text I received a text from sky this morning saying that sky data is down now I can't even use my phone at all I've even tried putting my sim in another device but that's the same I have a Samsung s9 and have never had this problem before, is there anyone else that has the same problem ? I can't even phone sky to check

Boom Operator
Post 22 of 29

same here since 6am this morning or so. Network came back for a couple of hours over lunch but it's been gone again since 2 ish Smiley Sad

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to think for myself. Then I gave everything over to Sky. Now they are my life.
Sound Designer
Post 23 of 29

i've been with Sky mobile since May 2017,  this is the first outage i've experienced

Many Thanks

Alistair
Community Manager
Post 24 of 29

Calls and texts were impacted by attempted remedial work but we're seeing a recovery in those services now. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Sound Supervisor
Post 25 of 29

They hope to restore full services by tomorrow morning, according to BBC News,

https://mb.cision.com/Main/15448/2694397/959040.pdf

Production Supervisor
Post 26 of 29

@Sam-R wrote:

Calls and texts were impacted by attempted remedial work but we're seeing a recovery in those services now. 

Doesn't sound like they have a clue about what they are doing, if remedial work is making things worse.

I would guess that

:"They hope to restore full services by tomorrow morning, according to BBC News,"

is just them giving themselves another 12 hours to try and work out what they have messed up.

Any competent company that implements software changes would have a  method of backing out the changes and falling back to the previous version. Doesn't seem that these are the standards being used in this case.

Managing Editor
Post 27 of 29

@.Chris.... wrote:

@Sam-R wrote:

Doesn't sound like they have a clue about what they are doing, if remedial work is making things worse.

I would guess that

:"They hope to restore full services by tomorrow morning, according to BBC News,"

is just them giving themselves another 12 hours to try and work out what they have messed up.

Any competent company that implements software changes would have a  method of backing out the changes and falling back to the previous version. Doesn't seem that these are the standards being used in this case.

You would hope so, perhaps that's the remedial work Smiley Happy

Boom Operator
Post 28 of 29

I'd already typed out "Maybe fixing a software glitch that's levelled the entire O2 data network is a little more complex than rolling back a Windows Update or restoring to the last iOS build" and then I realised that was probably a stupid thing to say Smiley Happy

That aside, the phone network seems to be back up since about 7ish and I've just got 3G back. Sky have text too to say they're hoping to slowly return data services to normal overnight. Here's hoping 4G is back by the morning!

Otherwise, obviously, armageddon and so forth.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to think for myself. Then I gave everything over to Sky. Now they are my life.
Community Manager
Post 29 of 29

It looks like data services were restored at around 3:30 am. So everything should now be working. Apologies for the inconvenience, yesterday was interesting, to say the least.

If it makes you feel better I have 5 family members on Sky SIMs. 😳 I'm glad that network management failures on this scale are a rare thing. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Recommended Threads
06-11-2018 08:09 PM
2 weeks ago 09:13 PM
13-09-2018 03:29 PM
Oracle 12-09-2018 08:12 PM
3 weeks ago 08:23 PM