free data?

New Viewer
Post 1 of 21

free data?

why are we getting free data but o2 customers are getting £75 compensation??

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 21

Re: free data?

@lisabooboo85 wrote:

I assume it is to do with there being different T&Cs

Runner
Post 3 of 21

How does that work when Im on unlimited data anyway?

Sound Designer
Post 4 of 21

Hmmm, all these  single post posters claiming that O2 customers are getting £75 compensation  each, that's 25 million customers equals nearly 2 BILLION pounds payout.

Runner
Post 5 of 21

So because its my first post somehow my opinion doesnt count? Is that how it works?? and as far as I can see theres only one poster claiming O2 are giving their customers £75. 

Im merely asking how I am being compesated as I have free unlimited data as part of my package, how do Sky propose to compesate me for not having the ability to go online?

Oracle
Post 6 of 21

o2's official Twitter account says they haven't decided what compensation to offer yet - https://twitter.com/MarkEvansO2/status/1070710723905499136

Community Manager
Post 7 of 21

Your opinion counts just as much as anyone else's @Lang+G

I've been keeping half an eye on what O2 are offering and as @rscott says I think they are still deciding what to do. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 8 of 21

There should be different levels of compensation  There are those who will be at home using wifi too this Saturday and how about  for those on low data useage  better to add to their piggybanks.  I have been on chat and they offered me 20p loss of service. LOL.  

Sound Designer
Post 9 of 21

I'm guessing you're on the £6 a month deal, the same as myself so that's correct for 1 day out of 30.

I'm on 2GB a month and never get near that so the UL data today won't impact me whatsoever but stuff happens.

Researcher
Post 10 of 21

Yep thats correct I`m on the 2Gb/£6 per month but i sometimes do come close to the 2gb thats why for me adding to the piggybank would be better  as I could top up say 1gb a month and what I dont use cash it in.

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 21

@lisabooboo85 I certainly didn't say anywhere anyone's opinion doesn't count and including yourself this £75 has been mentioned previously.

Can you link where you've seen this £75 offer for all O2 customers please?

Oracle
Oracle
Post 12 of 21

@lisabooboo85 wrote:

They aren’t this is the O2 offer

Pay Monthly customers will be credited with two days of monthly airtime subscription charges in January.

Pay As You Go customers will get 10% credit on a top-up and Pay As You Go mobile broadband users will get 10% off a Bolt On purchase, in the new year.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 13 of 21

I don't actually seem to be getting any "free" data today - i've checked my phone and it's showing my usage as having increased over the day - is that normal?

Oracle
Post 14 of 21

@adstott90-uk wrote:

i've checked my phone and it's showing my usage as having increased over the day - is that normal?

If you are using your phone itself to check your data useage then yes it will show you as using some today but if you were to check with Sky via your online account or MySky app I would have thought it would show as you are not using any data today.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Camera Assistant
Post 15 of 21

@adstott90-uk wrote:

I don't actually seem to be getting any "free" data today - i've checked my phone and it's showing my usage as having increased over the day - is that normal?

Yeah ignore what your phone says because that data will go up regardelss if you are connected to mobile data.

*It seems everyone does this so here goes*

Panasonic 50" 4K TV, Panasonic 4k Bluray Player, Sonos 5.1 Surround System, Sky Q 2TB and 2 Mini Boxes, Sky Fibre Unlimited.
Recommended Threads
04-10-2018 11:43 AM
oliviaxo 01-10-2018 02:33 PM
3 weeks ago 06:09 PM
Tuesday 04:38 PM
Maybe+tray 03-09-2018 01:11 PM