WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Managing Editor
Post 121 of 290

Re: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Since reading skymobile forums,I today activated visual voicemail via o2 e-chat-setup immediately 

I think I'm going to enjoy this new found feature via iPhoneSE 

Patience required until I choose to upgrade,maybe skymobile will provide visual voicemail in a few weeks or months which will allow me to consider which handset is going to win my 2018 upgrade.

Thanks everyone that started this thread,what a nice modern feature visual voicemail is 

Researcher
Post 122 of 290

I've just changed to Sky based on their call centre staff telling me I could use wifi for calls - not a happy bunny and will be cancelling 

Community Manager
Post 123 of 290

@IntotheHills I'm very sorry to hear that. You could be in for a few months wait for WiFi calling from Sky. I'd say hang in there but then again I would say that Smiley Happy Smiley Happy We are actively working on getting it enabled. 

@Donfor - we're actually enabling Visual Voicemail on the 30th for Apple only on iOS11.3+ 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Managing Editor
Post 124 of 290

I’ve vever been tempted to switch mob provider until recently though o2 e-chat are throwing retention offers

I have 30 days if I want to re consider as I caved into the insurance add on policy.

What a nice example of feirce competition nice Vcm is being activated I’ve only recently activated mine  

for the delivery  very comment iPhone 5 and 6 and iPad Air and pro have all arrived on specified let’s  hope 8 arrives as I ha e eta before 5 

Researcher
Post 125 of 290

My main annoyance is that I specifically asked this question. "All the same features as 02" clearly wasn't correct. 

Community Manager
Post 126 of 290

@IntotheHills wrote:

My main annoyance is that I specifically asked this question. "All the same features as 02" clearly wasn't correct. 

Yep, this is something I am feeding back. I know it doesn't help your situation. There may be an assumption that we get all of the features but the only thing we get from O2 is the radio infrastructure really... so features like WiFi calling, the piggybank stuff, Visual Voicemail, billing systems etc... all built by us. 

Sam
Community Manager

Sound Designer
Post 127 of 290

Sam,

While your feeding back you might like to to make the point that people in this community have been wrongly told by sales staff that Wifi calling is available this could lead to concerns that Sky are misselling this product although I am sure this is not being done intentionally Sky do need to take some action to avoid committing an offence under the trade description act.

Community Manager
Post 128 of 290

@SJO34fl wrote:

Sam,

While your feeding back you might like to to make the point that people in this community have been wrongly told by sales staff that Wifi calling is available this could lead to concerns that Sky are misselling this product although I am sure this is not being done intentionally Sky do need to take some action to avoid committing an offence under the trade description act.

Hey @SJO34fl You took the words out of my mouth. Exactly what I'm feeding back. 

Sam
Community Manager

Sound Designer
Post 129 of 290

Well done Sam.!

Managing Editor
Post 130 of 290

Iphone 8 short drive collected from courier.

I'll continue to enjoy Skyq.fibre. And talk.

Going to take some effort to shift me from O2 who went the extra required to entice my Apple upgrades.

I'll continue to enjoy Sky Forums-nice VVM is being activated

I also use WiFi Calling  though my Se only displays WiFi symbol in evening for a shor time not sure how often O2 frees up wifi calling.

11.2.6. i have 11.3 latest Beta  to upgrade to via 8-prob weekend.

Nice 8 picks up setup from Se- then.have to swap 1 sim to de install Se for trade in as my 8 sim hasn't arrived yet.

Managing Editor
Post 131 of 290

11.3 last night via iPhone 8

Whilst I haven’t yet switched from o2? To sky mobile.

Just to add WiFi signal symbol seems to be late afternoon from o2 at least 

I’

Managing Editor
Post 132 of 290

11.3 via iPhone 8

to add WiFi calls symbol only comes on in late afternoon from o2 at least

I’ll be interested to know how often sky mobile users see WiFi calls once its activated  

Camera Assistant
Post 133 of 290

Your device only connects to WiFi calling when it is needed, its not there to replace your cell signal it is there to work alongside e.g. On a call outside your home, walk inside and where the call normally could drop the WiFi takes over and handles the call.

Iv used this with EE many years, and i have to say it was awesome. 

Cant wait for it to arrive on Sky Mobile.

Thanks

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Managing Editor
Post 134 of 290

Excellent explanation Jay

Must be coincidence that I've only noticed wifi symbols late afternoon whilst home.

Great times for skymobile users lots to look forward to.

I'm with o2 for 2 yrs min to complete iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 10.5 contracts.

Need to behave myself and enjoy my tech upgrades rather than new upgrades.

Camera Assistant
Post 135 of 290

Thanks.

Put simply;

- Sky will get the infrastructure put in place being both physical and backend (computer systems) and (masts?)

- Devices that support WiFi calling iPhones i know for sure dont require a software update for IOS

- The update comes in the form of a carrier settings update (Again one more thing for sky to build), this triggers when connected to WiFi and opening settings>general. (if one is available that is)

I hope this further helps explain why it cant be delivered quickly by Sky Mobile. 

The O2 model wouldnt be easily merged to Sky Mobile, due to the Carrier settings which is Sky. IMO

Its an impressive feature and the promise that its in development is fantastic news. 

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
15-08-2018 09:17 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM