WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Viewer
Post 91 of 290

Re: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Definitely agree about enabling Wi-fi calling - it’s really useful when there is little coverage. I have it with Vodaphone. Husband has switched to sky mobile he has no signal and I can still make and receive calls. Making me reconsider moving to sky mobile 

Boom Operator
Post 92 of 290

I have my Sky calls forwarded to a phone with a Three SIM & WiFi calling. Not exactly perfrect but it does mean I get calls indoors. If nothing improves soon with Sky I'll be off to Three. 

Sound Designer
Post 93 of 290

we all waiting for WIFI Calling we be told it will this year it came out, Last post was Sam for sky saiding that it will came out this year someone in sky could give us a date when it came out, i not that people to moan about it but it someone proimise us it will, same with sort code we can't text, soemone need to tell us. Smiley Sad

ashley jones
Researcher
Post 94 of 290

Oh rubbish, if only I'd read the forums before making the switch, just joined Sky Mobile from O2, where I've been since the original iPhone, and now wishing I hadn't moved - Wi-Fi Calling is essential here (no mobile signal) and Visual Voicemail has been a part of iPhone life for so long, yet it seems neither are available from Sky... Wish I hadn't changed.

Sound Designer
Post 95 of 290

I am sorry to hear that you have fallen into the SKY network trap but it seems that Sky seem happy to continue to miss sell their mobile network service and people like you have to suffer. Sadly not enough people use this community before purchasing Sky products. I have tried to warn Sky that they may well be miss selling this product but it seems that this has been ignored.

Researcher
Post 96 of 290

If you have only recently switched and have not received your new SIM card then we might assume that you are still within your cooling off period.. 

if you have received your SIM card but not installed them then after 30/31 days the SIM card is cancelled automatically..

Hope this helps..

Runner
Post 97 of 290

I too wish I had not changed to sky. I did all the checks of signal strength etc to find it’s rubbish at home. So many features not support d by sky in comparison to other networks. Will not be renewing my contract 

Runner
Post 98 of 290

Any update on when WiFi calling will be added? Struggling to even send texts from my house let alone make and receive calls!

Sound Designer
Post 99 of 290

As far as I am aware Sky have not stated or published any firm timescale for the implementation of WiFI calling on their mobile Network or indeed if it will ever be available.

Camera Assistant
Post 100 of 290

See post 20 by @Sam-R (Sky employee)

Clearly stating it will be available early to mid next year... Post was made last year so 2018 should be the year this happens!

Thanks

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Oracle
Post 101 of 290

@Jayboy1990 The post you refer to as made last year so it would mean Sky are aiming to introduce WiFi calling early to mid this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Camera Assistant
Post 102 of 290

Thats correct! I want to highlight the fact Sky have stated that its coming. 

We need to allow them time to get it right i hate pre release that isnt totally ready.

@Sam-R Do you have an update on this?

Cheers

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Sound Designer
Post 103 of 290

It is rather pleasant  to find that there are people in the Sky community who believe that the Sky Mobile Wifi option will be available sometime soon.

Sadly this will not help the people who have already singed up to a mobile service without Wifi calling..

I prefer to wait for a firm official implimentation date statement from Sky.

Community Manager
Post 104 of 290

Hi all, 

I don't have any official confirmation on dates to give but I do know we're still working on delivering VVM and WiFi calling for summer. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Sound Designer
Post 105 of 290

Many thanks for the update Sam lets hope that the techi boys are allowed to impliment Wifi calling before 

VVM or at the same time.

Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
15-08-2018 09:17 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM