WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Sound Designer
Post 31 of 290

Re: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

There's an answer right above your post, did you not read it?

BTW the fact that any MVNO is even considering doing this is very rare.

Sound Designer
Post 32 of 290

Sky mobile is not an "MVNO" as stated in an earlier post:

"We have also built our own network and have full control over all of our services. The only thing we rely on O2 for is the radio infrastructure. This is the differentiating factor between us and some other virtual networks like Tesco, for example."

Community Manager
Post 33 of 290

What we were saying there is that we are exactly that, an MVNO - just we are more highly customised than others. We are referred to as a "deep MVNO" I believe. I'm not an expert but I believe some other MVNO don't have the capability to add WiFi calling etc. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Sound Designer
Post 34 of 290

"We have also built our own network and have full control over all of our services. The only thing we rely on O2 for is the radio infrastructure. This is the differentiating factor between us and some other virtual networks like Tesco, for example."

The operative phrase there is 'between us and some other virtual networks like Tesco'

So they are an MVNO although I've never heard of the term 'deep MVNO' before.

Community Manager
Post 35 of 290

Yeah, the deep thing was a term used when we were readying to launch back in the day. I think it just means customised. The deeper it is the more custom the setup is. 

Sam
Community Manager

Camera Assistant
Post 36 of 290

Please add this ASAP, i live in rural location and have no landline so this would be super useful.

Can you confirm work has started on this @Sam-R?

Cheers,

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Boom Operator
Post 37 of 290

+1 Here for Wifi Calling Please.

I too live in the sticks and get a really variable mobile signal with Sky / O2, seems a bit more flaky than I had with TTalk/Voda which was bad enough. 

Runner
Post 38 of 290

Just got iPhone X on sky mobile - attrocious signal compared to EE and no WiFi calling means no signal in my house!

Runner
Post 39 of 290

@GHOESTFACE2007 wrote:

Sky should enable us to get WiFi calling on Sky Mobile...

Who Agrees?

Just got iPhone X on sky mobile - attrocious signal compared to EE and no WiFi calling means no signal in my house!

Camera Assistant
Post 40 of 290

If anybody doesn’t agree they must be living under a mast!

It should be confirmed by sky as a priority. 

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Researcher
Post 41 of 290

I'm absolutely gutted about this. I didn't realise it was a network issue I assumed if your phone allowed it it would work. My don't understand why you can' use your WiFi signal and usage as you want and if that involves making or recieving calls then why can't that come off your allowance? I'm a radiographer and very rarely get a signal due to the amount of lead lined rooms I work in.  This really sucks and if I had known I might not have signed up.

Boom Operator
Post 42 of 290

No WiFi calling or VoLTE plus low data / high cost makes it a massive no no.

Sky really dropped the ball on its mobile service. Could have been great, especially to tie you in to the sky eco system.  Shame.

Electronic Engineer by day, geek by night.
Avid collector of tech.

Current - Sky Q 2TB + 2 miniboxes, BT Infinity 2 with HH6. Many shiny things.
Current mobile Note 9 Dual Sim on EE.
Boom Operator
Post 43 of 290

To make matters worse, there's a problem on the only mast near to me so the 3G signal is really patchy. There's a fair O2 2G signal, but for some reason it will not work with Sky. Sky tell me that not all O2 services are available to Sky customers... 

Community Manager
Post 44 of 290

@cancunia wrote:

To make matters worse, there's a problem on the only mast near to me so the 3G signal is really patchy. There's a fair O2 2G signal, but for some reason it will not work with Sky. Sky tell me that not all O2 services are available to Sky customers... 

As per your thread on the subject. We have full access to all O2 masts. You were misinformed there, my apologies. 

Sam
Community Manager

Boom Operator
Post 45 of 290

I'll follow up on the other thread and report back here if & when I get more details. For now, all I can say is that there's a 2G O2 signal that my phone will lock onto but there's no Sky service. 

Update as promised:

I was away from home last night and now that I'm back I can see the 2G Signal & it's working on Sky. Since the info given by Sky & O2 on service issues does not contain any content other than 'there's a problem' & 'well fix it soon' there's not really any way to be sure exactly what happened in the past 24 hours. 

Update - URGGGGH

I can see the O2 2G signal, my phone registers on the signal. My phone shows the Sky service but I can't make calls.  When I try, nothing happens for a while, then the call drops. Still not fixed. 

OK, back on topic- WiFi calling PLEEEEEEZE

Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
15-08-2018 09:17 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM