WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Boom Operator
Post 286 of 290

Re: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

@rscott wrote:

TuGo was never available on Sky Mobile. 

I wish you were the sky mobile operator I spoke to when I placed my order as I’d have not had this issue. 

What I was told by them was that  they use the O2 network meaning they have all the stuff that O2 do, other than the customer rewards that O2 offer on their contracts. I asked did this ‘stuff’ include TuGo and was told that it did. 

Researcher
Post 287 of 290

use whatsapp for wifi calling and video calling as well. works great on sky mobile. have been making calls at work using their wifi

Camera Assistant
Post 288 of 290

@Scrunchy wrote:

use whatsapp for wifi calling and video calling as well. works great on sky mobile. have been making calls at work using their wifi

What if the person, or more importantly a company doesn’t have or use WhatsApp?

LG 55 C7 OLED, M&K 5.1, M&K V8 Sub, OPPO 103 Blu Ray player, Onkyo 646 AV receiver, VM 350Mb broadband, SkyQ silver+ 2 minis.
Researcher
Post 289 of 290

I’d suspected that the WiFi calling issue didn’t actually lay with Apple, but rather with Sky. My thoughts are that maybe there’s costs involved with activating WiFi calling facilities on networks and maybe Sky don’t want to pay the price Apple want?

I think that sky are skating on thin ice when they sell IPhone contracts by saying that you’ll have the o2 network and not mentioning that it doesn’t include WiFi calling. I surely CANNOT be the only person who thought that the WiFi calling facility came as part of the phones operating system, rather than individual networks?

I have never been able to use my phone at home, i bought it as a Christmas present to myself last year and didn’t even open the box until Christmas Day (yes, sad I know) which meant I was past the time I could change my mind in. It was basically a brick that I only used to take photos at home for eBay sales until I removed my sky sim and inserted my work o2 sim!

weirdly, it had never left my home for 10 months, nor not been connected to my WiFi at home, yet sky still tell me I’ve used data on it...the sim has been in a drawer for 2 months yet I’m still getting small amounts of data removed from my monthly allowance and put in my sky piggy bank. I should have 6gb saved but only have 5.11gb. I can’t explain the phantom data use when it’s in a drawer not even in a phone

Sound Designer
Post 290 of 290

Good point about WhatsApp but it is good too see lots of people doing their best to find a way round the lack of proper Wi-fi calling on Sky Mobile. It’s sad that a company as good as Sky are in most areas seem to have made  a sorry mess of their move into mobile networks.

Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
15-08-2018 09:17 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM