WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Runner
Post 136 of 290

Re: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

I switched my wife's phone over to Sky at the back end of last year and specifically told the sales person on the phone that I wanted to upgrade her phone to a model which could make use of WiFi calling (she had an iphone 5) because we live in the sticks and the reception was pants.

Other people are right in saying you should do your research properly before moving, BUT I would say having an explicit conversation with a Sky rep and saying that was the reason for moving to Sky & asking for a specific handset should cover it. I had, wrongly but logically, made the assumption that because they were using O2's infrastructure wifi calling wouldn't be an issue.

I am happy to wait until it appears BUT it is poor on Sky's part that they have completely mis-sold to me.

Researcher
Post 137 of 290

Hi All - update,

so I've just switched to EE as they do everything I want, we even have 4g in parts of the house.

My point was I'd explicitly discussed wifi calling wiuth the people on the line, and been told that I got "all the features of 02". When I rang to cancel my contract the super helpful lady at Sky told me that this (sales people not trained correctly) was a known issue.

The other point I'd make here is t5hat 02, Sky, Vodafone all have signal maps that show our village has signal. It doesn't. Interestingly however the OfComm map is pretty much spot on - Vodafone stops just down the lane where i used to lose signal, EE & Three both have so-so signal in the village. 

Researcher
Post 138 of 290

Whilst I am no doubt stuck with Sky Mobile now until the end of my contract .... without doubt I shall be moving back to EE (should never have left) when I am able if Sky Mobile do not add WiFi Calling .... Sky really have to recognise how necessary this service is  

Sound Designer
Post 139 of 290

If you feel that you have been miss-sold a mobile product by Sky then this explains what you options are:

Back on July 2007, a voluntary set of measures were put in place to try and cut the number of customers complaining they had been mis-sold their phone contracts.

However, the complaints kept coming and now the watchdog has decided to step in and regulate the problem itself.

So what’s been going on?

The aim of the rules is to prevent anyone selling mobile phone services from “dishonest, misleading or deceptive conduct”.

That’s down to people claiming they had been signed up to tariffs under false pretences. For example, some customers say they were told there was good coverage in their area but then found there’s none.

Others agreed to a contract but then discovered they had been signed up to a more expensive tariff than they had thought.

Still more have complained that, when they renewed their 12-month contracts, they were signed up to new contracts lasting longer than one year, without being made aware of it.

What are the new rules?

The rules clearly state that providers mustn’t mis-sell mobile phone services. They have a responsibility to make sure customers are authorised to enter into a contract and give them all the information they need at the point of sale.

In addition, they have to check that the terms and conditions of cashback deals being offered by retailers are not “unduly restrictive” and carry out checks on those retailers to make sure they are keeping to the rules.

Ofcom has the power to fine providers up to 10% of their relevant turnover if they fail to follow these rules.

How do I complain?

If you think you’ve been mis-sold your service, either by the mobile phone company or by a company s...

After that, if you are still unhappy and feel it has not been resolved, you have a couple of options...Otelo, the office of the telecommunications ombudsman.

When it comes to complaining about resellers, you should always let the service provider know about your experiences, but you can also contact Consumer Direct, which is funded by the Office of Fair Trading. It should offer advice and may also be able to help you find a resolution.

Sound Designer
Post 140 of 290

Sound Designer
Post 141 of 290

Still missing but it is important that you must take up your complaint with Sky before contacting the Ombudsman

Camera Assistant
Post 142 of 290

Very useful content shared, thanks

A complaint takes 8 weeks until you can escalate to the ombudsman.

I have found Resolver to be extremely useful when raising complaints with Sky.

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Boom Operator
Post 143 of 290

See NVMO BT Mobile is now offering WiFi calling. 

Electronic Engineer by day, geek by night.
Avid collector of tech.

Current - Sky Q 2TB + 2 miniboxes, BT Infinity 2 with HH6. Many shiny things.
Current mobile Note 9 Dual Sim on EE.
Researcher
Post 144 of 290

Weirdly I'm with them too for my works phone and iPad mini.

I've got WiFi Calling and VoLTE on my own phone again now though but I had to switch back to 3 a few weeks ago to get it. The day Sky mobile had an outage for most of the day pushed me over the edge.  I felt like Fred Flinstone for 6hrs with no mobile data or phone signal. All is good in the world again apart from my wife moaning that I'm costing us a little more money  😆

Community Manager
Post 145 of 290

@biomulv wrote:

See NVMO BT Mobile is now offering WiFi calling. 

Yep looks like S9 and Apple.

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Boom Operator
Post 146 of 290

Can anyone speculate has to when Sky will roll it out?

Camera Assistant
Post 147 of 290

Was initially mentioned for summer 2018, so lets hope this is still the expected landing time.

I wont be speculating. Plain and simple, im trying to help in the community and setting expectations based on speculative info would be of no help.

Thanks

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Sound Designer
Post 148 of 290

The answer is that Sky have apparntly spectulated summer of this year 2018 and if they dont know then I guess nobody knows.

Researcher
Post 149 of 290

@Sam-R do you have any more upto date information on the expected roll out of this??

or even better, do SKY provide a roadmap with expected dates of new features being activated / made available?

Boom Operator
Post 150 of 290

Sky has added Wi-Fi calling on selected capable handsets as of the 18/4/2018. I have tried it today and it works well 

Derek Price
Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
15-08-2018 09:17 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM