WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Runner
Post 1 of 290

WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Sky should enable us to get WiFi calling on Sky Mobile...

Who Agrees?

All Replies
Researcher
Post 2 of 290

Re: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Any news on wifi calling for Sky mobile?

Community Manager
Post 3 of 290

I agree we should have it but I don't have any timescale for the feature to be enabled. 

Thanks. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 4 of 290

I’ve just bought a new WiFi calling enabled phone and joined Sky Mobile. Will it work with Sky? I live in a remote area with no signal.

Sound Designer
Post 5 of 290

Not at the moment as stated in the previous reply.

Researcher
Post 6 of 290

Hmm. That’s really annoying. I thought the device with WiFi calling was the answer. Oh well, back to o2 then...

Camera Assistant
Post 7 of 290

@Thump wrote:

Hmm. That’s really annoying. I thought the device with WiFi calling was the answer. Oh well, back to o2 then...

I’m with O2 after a very brief spell with Sky Mobile and live in an area with poor reception. My device is WiFi calling and 4g calling enabled. I get crystal clear calls now unlike Sky Mobile. Sky definitely dropped the ball on mobiles when they rolled it out I’m afraid to say.

LG 55 C7 OLED, M&K 5.1, M&K V8 Sub, OPPO 103 Blu Ray player, Onkyo 646 AV receiver, VM 350Mb broadband, SkyQ silver+ 2 minis.
Sound Designer
Post 8 of 290

ile are the sameRe: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

Plusnet Mobile are the same in not having WiFi calling considering the EE/BT connection.

I am lucky that I am in good area so I don't have the need for it.

I was with Three  before I transferred over to Sky; the call quality is much better via Sky Mobile and signal stength is slightly better as well.

I would imagine Sky Mobile would attract more customers if WiFi calling was enabled as there are many people in the UK of whom struggle to get a signal.

Camera Assistant
Post 9 of 290

Re: ile are the sameRe: WiFi calling on Sky Mobile

@The+Broker wrote:

Plusnet Mobile are the same in not having WiFi calling considering the EE/BT connection.

I am lucky that I am in good area so I don't have the need for it.

I was with Three  before I transferred over to Sky; the call quality is much better via Sky Mobile and signal stength is slightly better as well.

I would imagine Sky Mobile would attract more customers if WiFi calling was enabled as there are many people in the UK of whom struggle to get a signal.

Given that Sky use the O2 network I really can’t see them allowing Sky to enable WiFi calling, after all they are a competitor. Only solution would be for Sky to build their own mobile network. Expensive however.

LG 55 C7 OLED, M&K 5.1, M&K V8 Sub, OPPO 103 Blu Ray player, Onkyo 646 AV receiver, VM 350Mb broadband, SkyQ silver+ 2 minis.
Sound Designer
Post 10 of 290

Runner
Post 11 of 290

Hi I agree totally with the sentiments in this thread, for people that live in poor single areas its not a choice. Its not like a would like its a must have. I have had to sent my order back as i also thought it would work as it basically  an O2 network as I understand it.???

Camera Assistant
Post 12 of 290

@charles262 wrote:

Hi I agree totally with the sentiments in this thread, for people that live in poor single areas its not a choice. Its not like a would like its a must have. I have had to sent my order back as i also thought it would work as it basically  an O2 network as I understand it.???

They are indeed on the O2 network but they don’t have access to the same services that O2 provide, O2 give their own customers priority, whatever that means.

Sound Designer
Post 13 of 290

"They are indeed on the O2 network but they don’t have access to the same services that O2 provide, O2 give their own customers priority, whatever that means."

If Sky were offering a like-for-like product at a cheaper price, O2 might lose customers.

All the companies that piggy-back  - Plusnet Mobile, Virgin, etc.  - seem to have the same sort of restrictions.

Camera Assistant
Post 14 of 290

@The+Broker wrote:

"They are indeed on the O2 network but they don’t have access to the same services that O2 provide, O2 give their own customers priority, whatever that means."

If Sky were offering a like-for-like product at a cheaper price, O2 might lose customers.

All the companies that piggy-back  - Plusnet Mobile, Virgin, etc.  - seem to have the same sort of restrictions.

The only way Sky will be able to offer like for like products would be to build their own network as I said in an earlier post, the same goes for Plusnet mobile, Virgin and Tesco mobile. 

Runner
Post 15 of 290

I can see your point with regards to like for like cost, so why do you not have an arrangement to provide additional services such as wifi calling at additional cost so evryone's happy.????????

Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
15-08-2018 09:17 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM