WiFi calling for iPhone

Runner
Post 16 of 24

Re: WiFi calling for iPhone

This is a bit annoying. I also naively assumed that Sky would have WiFi calling enabled as almost everyone else does and the network is O2 (essentially) which offers it. I got my wife an iPhone 4 months ago from Sky and it doesn’t work on that. It may come with a SIM update at some stage but the delay is a bit irritating - the tech is there and I can’t see that too much effort would be required on either Sky or Apple’s part. 

If it’s any consolation, I was about to switch my own phone from EE to Sky but won’t be doing that now!

Oracle
Post 17 of 24

@angrydoc wrote:

This is a bit annoying. I also naively assumed that Sky would have WiFi calling enabled as almost everyone else does and the network is O2 (essentially) which offers it. I got my wife an iPhone 4 months ago from Sky and it doesn’t work on that. It may come with a SIM update at some stage but the delay is a bit irritating - the tech is there and I can’t see that too much effort would be required on either Sky or Apple’s part. 

If it’s any consolation, I was about to switch my own phone from EE to Sky but won’t be doing that now!

Hi @angrydoc Unfortunately until Apple see fit to allow Sky wifi calling on iPhones then Sky's hands are tied. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Series Linker
Post 18 of 24

Same here, if they dont sort wifi calling soon im changing suppliers

Executive Producer
Post 19 of 24

WiFi calling is as much phone dependent as anything else, if the phone does not support it then that is the end of the matter.

Runner
Post 20 of 24

I’ve just completed a two year O2 contract with my iPhone 7. I had WiFi calling all throughout the two years. 

I’m now with Sky Mobile and no WiFi calling - cannot be the phone - is it the SIM? Or just Sky not enabling it?

Oracle
Post 21 of 24

@Mrhouse wrote:

I’ve just completed a two year O2 contract with my iPhone 7. I had WiFi calling all throughout the two years. 

I’m now with Sky Mobile and no WiFi calling - cannot be the phone - is it the SIM? Or just Sky not enabling it?

No its Apple not enabling Sky iphones to use wifi calling - they control the access - Sky have apparently done their end but Aplle have not pushed the button.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Researcher
Post 22 of 24

I just took out a new iPhone with SKY and the contract I signed talked about Wi-fi Calling yet not working yet ?

Wi-Fi calling and access to emergency calls
3.21. Wi-Fi calling allows you to make and receive calls, and send and receive texts, over a wireless internet connection (for example, your home broadband, work broadband or public Wi-Fi).
If you make an emergency call (999 or 112) when using Wi-Fi calling, we’ll try to make the call over the normal Sky mobile network first. If there is no signal, we’ll try to use Wi-Fi but the emergency services won’t be able to identify your location automatically so you will need to tell them where you are.
3.22. Wi-Fi calling will not work if your broadband connection fails for any reason or it loses power. You should keep a fixed phone line to use for emergency calls or use the normal mobile network, and only use Wi-Fi calling for these calls as a last resort.
3.23. Any calls you make or texts you send using Wi-Fi calling will use your allowance under any optional extra you have or, if you do not have an allowance or have exceeded it, will be charged based on the standard charges in our tariff guide.
3.24. Wi-Fi calling is not supported outside the UK. If you make a call or send a text whilst roaming your equipment will use the local mobile network. More information about Wi-Fi calling can be found in the Help section on sky.com

Camera Assistant
Post 23 of 24

@Chrisee wrote:

@Mrhouse wrote:

No its Apple not enabling Sky iphones to use wifi calling - they control the access - Sky have apparently done their end but Aplle have not pushed the button.

Sky mobile should never have been launched without WiFi calling issues being sorted first, I dumped sky mobile during the cooling off period of my contract due to this very issue. I won’t return to sky mobile until this issue is resolved which is likely to be never given the time sky take to sort problems out.

LG 55 C7 OLED, M&K 5.1, M&K V8 Sub, OPPO 103 Blu Ray player, Onkyo 646 AV receiver, VM 350Mb broadband, SkyQ silver+ 2 minis.
New Viewer
Post 24 of 24

I have an iphone 8 direct from Sky and my wifi working isn't enabled!  Very frustrating.

Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM
03-08-2018 11:54 PM