WiFi calling for iPhone

Runner
Post 1 of 22

WiFi calling for iPhone

Hi

can anyone tell me when the WiFi calling feature will be available on the iPhone as I see it’s only available on Samsung phones at the moment. Many thanks 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 22

Re: WiFi calling for iPhone

There is no known date for this I'm afraid @angelev77  but somebody else posted this earlier today about the delay in getting this activated on iPhones.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 22

Just changed from BT to SKY and lost the ability to use WiFi calling,, wish I had have checked before changing provider.  Interesting that Sky blame Apple, yet if you buy an iPhone from Sky - It works!

ALL other providers work through Apple Iphones as they auto update, however, SKY have FAILED to provide a update for their service and only put the necessary update on phones they sell.  It's a huge con to get people buy or upgrade handsets from them.

Disapointed and sorry I got caught out.  Guess I'll have to go back to BT or any of the popular providers that offer a COMPLETE and FULL service.

Oracle
Post 4 of 22

Sky don't claim to offer WiFi calling on any iPhones, not even those they supply.

No service providers release updates for iPHones - all updates are controlled by Apple, including service updates like enabling WiFi calling for a particular mobile network.

Sky aren't the ones responsible for the delays...

Researcher
Post 5 of 22

Interesting that it is ONLY SKY that don't work on the iPhone.  Having checked, ALL other providers have WiFi calling on the iPhone.  In fact its the only phone that you don't have to buy from the provider for it to work.

Having been with O2, I just plugged in the SIM and away it went with WiFi calling.  Is SKY not actually O2?  Strange!

Oracle
Post 6 of 22

@CS10CCS wrote:

Interesting that it is ONLY SKY that don't work on the iPhone.  Having checked, ALL other providers have WiFi calling on the iPhone.  In fact its the only phone that you don't have to buy from the provider for it to work.

Having been with O2, I just plugged in the SIM and away it went with WiFi calling.  Is SKY not actually O2?  Strange!

Unfortunately you don’t seem to grasp the fact that it is down to Apple and not Sky. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 7 of 22

I completely grasp that SKY are late to the party, they are struggling to push out a few Samsungs with WiFi calling.  Explain why Apple would leave SKY at the back of the queue?  It would serve no purpose to Apple.

Surely, it would be in SKY's interest to catch-up with every other provider and put some pressure on Apple, I assume SKY wants to be taken seriously as a quality provider?  Not a wait and see what happens type of organisation?

Oracle
Post 8 of 22

Unfortunatel,y, there's very little Sky can do to put pressure on Apple..

This - https://www.4g.co.uk/news/ee-o2-three-and-vodafone-which-networks-offer-wi-fi-calling/  - seems to suggest that very few MVNO/ network resellers like Sky can offer wifi calling..

Not sure why you're under the impression that an iPhone bought from Sky will have wifi calling either - they don't.

Researcher
Post 9 of 22

Sorry, I just assumed they were as up-to-date as BT, O2, Vodafone, Tesco, EE and many others.  Shame SKY don't actually publish the fact that this service is not yet part of their ability.  All the above companies are what I just gleaned from colleagues in the office.  All just turned on WiFi calling on their iPhone and it worked.  I guess someone has to be at the back of queue when the bells and whistles are being handed out.  I hope it happens for SKY, in the meantime I keep my BT SIM handy when I'm in a poor signal area.

Oracle
Post 10 of 22

@CS10CCS wrote:

Sorry, I just assumed they were as up-to-date as BT, O2, Vodafone, Tesco, EE and many others.  Shame SKY don't actually publish the fact that this service is not yet part of their ability.  All the above companies are what I just gleaned from colleagues in the office.  All just turned on WiFi calling on their iPhone and it worked.  I guess someone has to be at the back of queue when the bells and whistles are being handed out.  I hope it happens for SKY, in the meantime I keep my BT SIM handy when I'm in a poor signal area.

Tesco don't offer WiFi calling..

Researcher
Post 11 of 22

Sorry, I must have been misinformed.  Horay for SKY, they are not alone after all.  Glad I could help to make it more comfortable. for them.  I'm sure it's potential customers that will ulimately make the choice.  I expected SKY to only have catch-up TV not mobile facilities too.  :-))

Oracle
Post 12 of 22

@CS10CCS wrote:

Sorry, I must have been misinformed.  Horay for SKY, they are not alone after all.  Glad I could help to make it more comfortable. for them.  I'm sure it's potential customers that will ulimately make the choice.  I expected SKY to only have catch-up TV not mobile facilities too.  :-))

You need to complain to Apple about this because as it has already been said, it is up to Apple when iPhones are allowed to have Wi-Fi calling on a particular network. I don’t understand why you don’t understand this. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 13 of 22

What I fail to understand is why SKY don't publish the fact it is not availble on their network, be hosest and transparent.  Its buried in their help menu's.  Before I switched I clearly asked if I would have this facility and was told YES!  Maybe staff need training too..

Oracle
Post 14 of 22

If I Google sky WiFi calling, the very first result is Sky's help page. If it were something essential for me, I'd check it was available before committing...

Researcher
Post 15 of 22

Of course you would!  Personally, I stupidly thought SKY staff knew what they were talking about.  Learnt from the experience as I am sure others will too.  Thank you for your input, it has been most enjoyable.  I must now sign off and check I have all the SKY channels I was told I would have.  The things they say to get a deal!

Recommended Threads
27-10-2018 07:00 PM
11-07-2018 08:13 PM
10-08-2018 09:20 AM
09-09-2018 03:15 PM
03-08-2018 11:54 PM