Wi-Fi calling for iphone

Runner
Post 1 of 8

Wi-Fi calling for iphone

Any nearer getting wi-fi calling for iPhones? I struggle for a signal in my house and as much as I am happy with the Sky deal I really need this facility as soon as possible to avoid having to move to another provider.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

Re: Wi-Fi calling for iphone

There is no news but from what others have said it could be a good few months away I'm afraid.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Camera Assistant
Post 3 of 8

@caesarome wrote:

There is no news but from what others have said it could be a good few months away I'm afraid.

Sky Mobile should never ever have been launched without WiFi Calling been available on a good selection of phones. I’m not remotely  interested until it vastly improves given I use iphones.

LG 55 C7 OLED, M&K 5.1, M&K V8 Sub, OPPO 103 Blu Ray player, Onkyo 646 AV receiver, VM 350Mb broadband, SkyQ silver+ 2 minis.
Community Manager
Post 4 of 8

Not this year I'm afraid folks. Very tough to get info on this. The plan is to do it. Just not sure when. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Camera Assistant
Post 5 of 8

@Sam-R wrote:

Not this year I'm afraid folks. Very tough to get info on this. The plan is to do it. Just not sure when. 

I very much doubt I’ll ever return to Sky Mobile, I left during the cooling off period of my contract as I have very poor mobile reception at home, no WiFi calling was a deal breaker for me, don’t think I can trust Sky for mobile. Shame really.

LG 55 C7 OLED, M&K 5.1, M&K V8 Sub, OPPO 103 Blu Ray player, Onkyo 646 AV receiver, VM 350Mb broadband, SkyQ silver+ 2 minis.
Researcher
Post 6 of 8

I agree with this. I was with EE who have wifi calling on any phone.

I was misled by the salesman when I switched to Sky Mobile who said I would have Wifi calling. Didn't tell me that only very few phones have facility. Now out of coolong off period so stuck with it until price rise (when I can end contract without charges) and return to EE.

Runner
Post 7 of 8

I just moved three iPhones from EE to Sky mobile. I too was told I would still have WiFi calling by the telesales guy. Basically a lie. I may have to move back to EE. Sky is very slightly cheaper but what’s the point if I can’t make calls from home or work where the Sky/O2 network is too weak. 

Runner
Post 8 of 8

Me too just waiting for my contract to end I have no phone signal in the house.  

Recommended Threads