Discussion topic: WITH MOBILE IN HOUSE INCOMING CALLS HAVE ECKO/ FEEDCACK THEIR END UNTIL I TURN WIFI OFF. ANOYING

This message was authored by Mac1952a This message was authored by: Mac1952a

WITH MOBILE IN HOUSE INCOMING CALLS HAVE ECKO/ FEEDCACK THEIR END UNTIL I TURN WIFI OFF. ANOYING

If mobile is not at home there is no problem but when if  is in the house and wifi turned on there is a problem with incoming calls.  there is an ecko on their phones that only stops when wifi is turned off on the samsung S20 FFE 5G phone.  omly started when sim card chamges from O2 to SKY and as SKY uses O2 network bit strange,  Told it is Gigaclear broad or samsung issue but they worked fine qith O2.

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: WITH MOBILE IN HOUSE INCOMING CALLS HAVE ECKO/ FEEDCACK THEIR END UNTIL I TURN WIFI OFF. ANOYIN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try turning wifi calling off (instead of wifi completely)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: WITH MOBILE IN HOUSE INCOMING CALLS HAVE ECKO/ FEEDCACK THEIR END UNTIL I TURN WIFI OFF. ANOYIN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try turning wifi calling off (instead of wifi completely)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Mac1952a
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mac1952a This message was authored by: Mac1952a

Brilliant.  Thank you PandJ2020.  Turned wifi calling off in phone settings.  Worked a treat.  Not sure how it got turned on.  Noone has been able to work it out over 11 months with numerous calls to gigaclear samsung and sky technical help.  From what I have now read this setting only needed if phone out of signal and google recomend it turned off on android phones.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion