Visual Voicemail

Community Manager
Post 16 of 42

Re: Visual Voicemail

Hi @Mr+Bobbles I believe it's a carrier settings update that enables VVM. As far as I know, you don't need to update anything to get it. 

I'll pop back in here when the internal briefs come out fully to confirm though. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Boom Operator
Post 17 of 42

That's great, thanks @Sam-R. I'll keep an eye on my notifications!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to think for myself. Then I gave everything over to Sky. Now they are my life.
Camera Assistant
Post 18 of 42

So the email dropped this morning to let me know that Visual voicemail is coming with IOS 11.3

There is no reference to ensuring that the carrier settings have updated at the same time.

So should anybody run into trouble. On an iPhone head to 'Settings > General > About > (carrier - Sky 31.x)

Will update as soon as the correct carrier settings is known. @Sam-R, any chance you are aware of the carrier settings change number?

IOS 11.2.6 is still the latest, however it could land this evening as Apple released IOS 11.3 yesterday but only for the new iPad oddly.

Hopefully this provides a resolution for questions around the launch of VVM in the community Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Just helping where i can. Or adding my 2 pence worth!
Community Manager
Post 19 of 42

I got my email earlier too Smiley Happy

Sorry but I'm not sure on the carrier settings change number. Thanks very much for giving additional instruction around this though. 

Sam
Community Manager

Boom Operator
Post 20 of 42

Oooh exciting! I shall keep a close eye on my iPhone for the 11.3 update. 

By the way, these emails you got telling you about VV being released - are these internal Sky ones, or who gets them?

I used to think for myself. Then I gave everything over to Sky. Now they are my life.
Camera Assistant
Post 21 of 42

Not an internal email, i recieved mine as a customer!

Jay

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*

Boom Operator
Post 22 of 42

Shucks, no customer email love for me then Smiley Sad

Still, that's why I have the community Smiley Happy

Camera Assistant
Post 23 of 42

If you want to recieve the email comms from Sky, then login to your MySky account and update your preferences as to whether you wish to recieve those emails.

Thanks

Camera Assistant
Post 24 of 42

Iv just downloaded the IOS 11.3

And as i gathered the Carrier settings have updated - now Sky 32.0 (previously Sky 31.0)

Just having to wait for Sky to make it available now!

Thanks

Jay

Camera Assistant
Post 25 of 42

VISUAL VOICEMAIL IS ACTIVE!!!

Thank you Sky.

Simply follow the above steps, and you will have to call yourself once and leave a voicemail and like magic it turns VISUAL Smiley Happy @Sam-R

For further troubleshooting check out the last article here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201436 

Thanks

Jay

Boom Operator
Post 26 of 42

Finally all working...nice to see excellent stuff. Well done team. 

Sound Designer
Post 27 of 42

hi,  i'm just after installing ios 11.3 and visual Voicemail is activated,  is there anyway to deactivate it yet. i've never really been a fan of Visual Voicemail

thanks

Many Thanks

Alistair
Community Manager
Post 28 of 42

Hi @alistair.mck You can still call the voicemail number the old way I believe and just ignore the visual voicemail tab. Don't think there is a way to remove it.  

Dial 759 or hold down 1.

Sam
Community Manager

Boom Operator
Post 29 of 42

I just moved over from 3 and can't get visual voicemail as CS said it was a "hardware" issue. Honestly! What a joke. Had me chop and change my OS as I'm on a beta. Its cause I transferred my number. I'm sure of it. If you want to join Sky Mobile and keep your number, you can't get VVM. 

If there is anyone in the actual tech support team that can switch it on/ sort my account....PLEASE, Give me shout. 

Boom Operator
Post 30 of 42

Hey @timmmmyyyyy, assume you’re using an iPhone? If so, are you in the latest OS 11.3? If so, there are steps to follow further up the thread to get VVM active. 

I transferred from O2 in Jan this year and kept my number. I’m on an iPhone 8, updated to 11.3, followed the steps and VVM was there and has been working fine since. 

Let us know if your setup is different!

Recommended Threads