Visual Voicemail

Boom Operator
Post 1 of 42

Visual Voicemail

Been with Sky since January, every time I call them or chat asking if/when Visual Voicemail and WiFiCalling will be added as features, I either get someone who has no idea what I'm talking about or hollow responses like "coming soon".

It's been 7 months. @Sam-R do you have any insight you can share?

All Replies
Community Manager
Post 2 of 42

Re: Visual Voicemail

Hey there, I'm afraid the most up to date thing I can say is that visual voicemail is planned to happen but I still don't have anything approaching an exact date. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Boom Operator
Post 3 of 42

Hi, Thanks for your honesty, I thought I'd compare what features each network offer, so I went to apple (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040) and based on my findings below I will be counting the days till I can get out of my 12 month SIM Only contract and move to one with more of the features that I need.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 4.47.29 PM.png

New Viewer
Post 4 of 42

Is really annoying that O2 keep the key iPhone features for their own network and don't allow the resellers (Sky, Tesco, BT, giffgaff, etc) to access things like Visual Voicemail and Wifi-calling ... would love to get out of my EE iphone/ipad £40pm SIM only contracts but as I live in a poor reception area (especially for O2 - and therefore Sky) I really need the Wifi-calling feature ...

Viewer
Post 5 of 42

Hi does nayone have an update for this issue please?

We just moved to Sky on Iphone X phones and have committed to around £3000 over two years.

We are still within the period when we can walk away and a others have said its a deal breaker.

The Sky sales team were apparantly unaware that the Sky network does not support iphones properly.

If its fixable (immediately) then I am happy to stay. If not I will not stay.

Thank you

Anthony 

Community Manager
Post 6 of 42

Hi @diggers253 

The sales teams should have been very well aware that we don't support Visual Voicemail. So, I apologise for that. I'm afraid it's not something we can fix immediately.

I'd like to see you hang on until the summer but I understand if you're unwilling to wait!

Sam
Community Manager

Researcher
Post 7 of 42

This thread stopped me making the mistake of moving our phones to Sky mobile - will be staying at o2 because of this.

Thanks

Community Manager
Post 8 of 42

wrote:

This thread stopped me making the mistake of moving our phones to Sky mobile - will be staying at o2 because of this.

Thanks

Great, hopefully, you will give us a shout in the future when Visual Voicemail arrives Smiley Happy Thanks for popping by.

Sam
Community Manager

Runner
Post 9 of 42

That’s a lousy attitude. Are you working on a fix or is it that 02 won’t give you access???

it’s a pretty key feature of the iPhone and one I wouldn’t ever expect not to be able to use when I bought it. As it is I now have two iPhone X with some of the basic functionality that I have had on iPhone for years not available - when will you have an update as this has obviously been going on for a while looking at the beginning date of this thread. 

Community Manager
Post 10 of 42

Hey @Premben nothing to do with O2 giving access, as far as I'm aware they can't dictate to us what features we can/ can't enable. We are looking at adding Visual Voicemail and it should be this year, it's not a fix as such. I can't really be any more specific than that. 

It's not that I know and can't say. I simply don't know anything beyond that we are looking at enabling this. 

I'm not in this to pretend that we have Visual Voicemail. So even if it results in us not getting a customer it's better than bringing someone onboard only to find out it's not supported. Just trying to be as transparent and straightforward as possible. 

I do feedback whenever I can that it's very important when having conversations with customers to be clear what is and isn't included. 

Thanks

Sam
Community Manager

Runner
Post 11 of 42

And that’s fine heading off customers  but it’s a basic staple of an iPhone and what about the ones that are now a month in and stuck??? 

Perhaps it would be better to say quite clearly at point of purchase we do not support.... as these are business use phones the ability to block off spam marketing numbers etc from voicemail is a key feature and as it has been available for years not something that I would ever think of enquiring as to whether network supports.... 

As to it should be this year - that seems to have been the update for  the last 12 months now I have looked into it. Some point this year doesn’t really help. How can it be such an long term issue with no rectification date when main networks have had for years? 

Community Manager
Post 12 of 42

I agree it should be stated more clearly at the point of purchase. I think the thing is we are a young network and these features were not slated for launch. They are things we're working on adding on. I wish I could be more specific but when it comes to features development big business can be reticent about putting dates down. 

Sam
Community Manager

Boom Operator
Post 13 of 42

Hey, I have to say I was bummed when I switched last month and realised VV wasn't supported by Sky. I was also bummed when I researched through lots of community posts and saw that it had been discussed for some time without any definite date being set for it's release. 

I, like a lot of others (I believe), just thought it was one of those things that was standard on the iPhone - not something supported by the network provider. So I felt a bit gutted (and, admittedley, got it fully in the neck from the missus) but to be honest I wouldn't call it a deal breaker. I'm only a month in and I've already got over it. I'm lucky that I don't get loads of voicemails so I can cope with the 90's feel of actually calling my voicemail!

Everything else seems good so far, except for mobile data being a tad patchy. Put simply, I'm getting a considerably better deal financially with Sky than I was with O2 - VV or no VV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to think for myself. Then I gave everything over to Sky. Now they are my life.
Community Manager
Post 14 of 42

Good morning,

I know it's been a bit of a while coming...

I've just been told that we are launching Visual Voicemail for iPhones on the 30th. Expect an email from us promoting this on or around the 28th. 

There are currently no plans to add Visual Voicemail for Android. 

edit: you need iOS 11.3+ to use VVM

Sam
Community Manager

Boom Operator
Post 15 of 42

Now that is good news! Do you have any other details @Sam-R on how we'll get hold of it? Will it automatically just appear at some point? Will we have to update some settings or something? 

It's a bit short notice isn't it?! Would be good to see something official from Sky on the subject (not saying I don't appreciate you updating us, but you know...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to think for myself. Then I gave everything over to Sky. Now they are my life.
Recommended Threads