Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by robyn30 This message was authored by: robyn30

No Data or WiFi calls

Since the problems with Sky mobile my husband has been unable to access any data or use WiFi calling which is essential for his work. He has called Sky numerous times, asked to speak to a manager, they have made him do resets still no joy and just being fobbed off. After the latest reset it is now showing as Cellular data and not mobile data it has lost a lot of his stuff on the phone and unable to use Face ID. He still isn't able to access any data or WiFi calling. Any ideas? As we are at our wits end 

This message was authored by riorio This message was authored by: riorio

Re: Unable to use mobile data

Well everyone, good news! I spoke to a sky advisor about 7pm and it's all been mended!! 😳🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😱😩🥺😔 Really??!  🙄

This message was authored by Andy149 This message was authored by: Andy149

Six days with no mobile data now. Like many others I spoke to Sky yesterday and was told to keep taking the SIM out and it would all be fixed by the evening. Obviously it isn't. A conspicuous lack of sky 'super users' and employees on these chat threads now. I guess they're all too ashamed.
This message was authored by Aggrieved1982 This message was authored by: Aggrieved1982

Spoke to Sky last night and, after following much technical direction, which included taking out the SIM and giving it a wipe, I was told that the issue of not having any network signal was caused by a damaged SIM. This is despite the fact that the SIM has never been removed from my device and coincides with their data outage issue last week! When are Sky going to admit that their systems have been hacked and shed loads of user SIM data has been lost?

This message was authored by CharlieJ2 This message was authored by: CharlieJ2

Check your sim card status...I checked mine thus morning and is say "Disconnected from network "

This message was authored by stef+ciavucco This message was authored by: stef+ciavucco

@CharlieJ2  I know this may be a stupid question but how do you check that ?

This message was authored by Adam4185 This message was authored by: Adam4185

Another user here with no data for a week. Hoping there is some magic solution but i guess not!
This message was authored by CharlieJ2 This message was authored by: CharlieJ2

Go into settings, connections,  sim card manager, sim card status..

Just a heads up! I was told on the phone last night to go into settings, mobile service, and at the bottom of the page switch off every single app that you don't use or use very little. Then go to the general tab, then background app refresh and again switch off everything you don't use or use little. For the first time in 2 years my phone worked in work!! I could do everything apart from flick onto another video on TikTok. So maybe give it a try and see what happens! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

I don't have SIM card manager, I'm on iPhone and only have the options of, SIM card pin or sim applications. When you go in there it says roaming, when you try to turn that off it automatically goes back to roaming. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This message was authored by Christipops This message was authored by: Christipops

Just had my case escalated they wouldn't admit any fault and they wouldn't let me speak to a manager very poor I will be leaving at the first opportunity 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you everyone for voicing concerns about the mobile data issues you are seeing.  As it currently stands, there are no wider issues with mobile data currently affecting customers. 

What I would suggest is to try putting your phone on Aeroplane mode, and leaving it for a while before turning it off. 

If that doesn't work, have a check of our mobile service status page here for any local mast issues in the area where you are having the issue specifically.  IE, if your home address is fine and the issue occurs at your place of work, use the postcode for your place of work in the checker.  The Sky Mobile service checker can be found here.

If this isn't working, our full mobile help steps can be found here as well just in case you still need more help on this.

Marking this as the answer for the thread just now, just for easier visibility for other users. 

Thanks, 

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Christipops This message was authored by: Christipops

There is no issues with masts it says no issues the fault is with individual peoples data I've tried everything on the phone with the call centre even had a new sim nothing works and nobody is being honest in my opinion you just get sent on the same merry-go-round it's a joke 

This message was authored by Jo1970 This message was authored by: Jo1970

This is a pile of rubbish! No mobile data for nearly 2 weeks now, cannot receive texts which is a pain in the rear after getting a new phone & trying to log into apps but cannot receive security texts!!!

Have phoned Sky mobile 3 times all a waste of time. At the end of each call asked to be rated on service (joke!) and encouraged to spend some of my massive unused data to buy into a tablet contract or free additional SIM card. Do your customer services team really think I want want another SIM only deal only for a 3rd person in my house to be disappointed, angry & frustrated at the poor service? In case you don't know the answer, it's a definite NO!

Sort these issues ASAP, as clearly from this feed there are many in the same position as me 🤬😡

This message was authored by stef+ciavucco This message was authored by: stef+ciavucco

@Daniel-F none of the fixes have worked, there are no problems with masts, there were no problems until the issues Sky had last weekend.  There are 3 sky mobiles in my household, 2 are working 1 isn't !! I have been told to reset the phone, reset the network, airplane mode on and off then switch off the phone, take out the sim and clean it, everything has been tried.  I've been told it's nothing to do with Sky network it is the phone (nothing wrong with the phone) now I've been told it's the sim card that is the issue and they are sending a replacement.  If this doesn't work we will all be leaving the sky network.  

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion