Discussion topic: Unable to receive calls while roaming in Spain

This message was authored by PShap This message was authored by: PShap

Unable to receive calls while roaming in Spain

Currently in Spain and not receiving calls on two seperate iphones, both phones have previously worked abroad on numerous occaisions.

Have help call into Sky Technical two days ago, had text (?) to say couldnt contact us would try again yesterday. How is that going to work if we are unable to receive calls? we didnt hear from them not surprisingly.

There was a change this morning in that it now goes thru to Voicemail before that it failed so some progress, Same for both phones.

I would guess that there is some information missing from the call routing side. Which is strange as we can make calls back home and trigger the £2 a day so we are clearly registered on the Spanish networks

Anybody offer some words of wisdom? I have reasonable confidence in the phone settings as they were working 6 weeks ago.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Unable to receive calls while roaming in Spain

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @PShap  unfortunately you are not alone. A search of the forum using the search tool above will show there have been quite a few Sky customers with issues in Spain over the last year. Sky have been made aware of it but have not come up with a solution yet. Have you tried connecting to a different local network. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
PShap
Topic Author

Yes, Have logged on to 4 different neworks including Orange, Vodafone ES and Movistar, all et me log on but none allow us to receive calls.

I wonder what Sky has or hasnt changed that allowed it to work this time last year.

Thanks for the reply

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The problem is @PShap  that it doesn't happen to everyone or it would probably be easier to figure out. Some people go on holiday and it works then return on another holiday a few weeks later and it doesn't work. 🤷‍♂️

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
PShap
Topic Author

And as of by magic it starts working on both iPhones. What ever was done has worked, would be good to know what the issue was though. Pete

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion