Text messages failing

Runner
Post 16 of 35

Re: Text messages failing along with calls and data

Happening here in Bristol am I right in thinking sky will compensate us for this issue been out since 7 this morning which is no joke 😠

Runner
Post 17 of 35

Re: Text messages failing

Might be worth someone updating the service status pages. They're showing green across the board atm which is obviously not the case.

Researcher
Post 18 of 35

I’m back on 4G 🎉🎉🎉

Rob
Community Manager
Post 19 of 35

Fix confirmed at 14:19. If you're still having issues please enable airplane mode and then disable. 

We will be monitoring all systems extra closely for the remainder of today. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Runner
Post 20 of 35

Is there going to be some forms of compensation for today 

Oracle
Post 21 of 35

All you can do is contact Sky support and ask but if there was it would be a few pennies as they will work out how long the network was down and that was a number of hours only, against what you pay per month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 22 of 35

Are there still issues with the network as I have been unable to receive texts and calls since yesterday, i can send texts and make calls however.

Runner
Post 23 of 35

I’ve been without receiving calls & texts since yesterday morning when are you getting this sorted?

Oracle
Post 24 of 35

@Adba  As stated yesterday further up the page:

@Sam-R wrote:

Fix confirmed at 14:19. If you're still having issues please enable airplane mode and then disable. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 25 of 35

Yes thanks I read that and did that but that still hasn’t worked

Community Manager
Post 26 of 35

@Adba In that case I don't think your problems are related to the outage we had on Monday. Just coincident.

Have you tried the usual things like resetting the phone and taking the SIM out and re-inserting?

It couldn't be some kind of call divert or do not disturb setting being enabled on the phone?

I saw on a forum elsewhere that searching for network providers on the phone, attaching to another one and then back to Sky can work? Hey, I'll be honest... it was the Virgin forum. But if it works, it works.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Can-t-receive-calls-or-text-messages/td-p/3594918

It may be something to speak to us about as well if you can find the time to give us a call. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Viewer
Post 27 of 35

Yesterday morning my phone just wouldn't connect to the network at all . No calls out or in , no texts . Nothing. I'm on call which is exceptionally awful as it means k have no idea if I'm needed or not. Tried turning it off and on, tried airplane mode. Tried connecting to other networks and back.  Nothing!!!

Runner
Post 28 of 35

Good morning 

My wife has been having this issue for several weeks .she migrated from EE about 2 month ago and this issue started about a month ago .I gave had setting resent a dozen times and it still does it we power cycle her S3 and it will send for a few hrs then it fails again until a power cycle 

Viewer
Post 29 of 35

Hi I've just signed up to sky and I can make calls on my mobile but it won't send any messages does anyone know what I can do 

Oracle
Post 30 of 35

@Weecat

Did you activate your sim online, if so have you tried creating the APN settings:

Select your device here and then "Create a new APN". and then "Follow these steps..."

I do not work for Sky.