Discussion topic: Switching sim from O2

This message was authored by NiccyMacca This message was authored by: NiccyMacca

Switching sim from O2

Hope someone can help, 20 days and five calls to Sky, I'm no further forward. I'm porting a  work mobile number from O2 I've had for many years to a new Sky sim. Entered the PAC code forom O2 into the Sky mobile website, message stated it would transfer. Account says it has however I cannot make or receive mobile calls or texts. My mobile shows the Sky network (as the carrier) and the number I wanted to port as my number ( it's an iPhone 15 pro max).  The number also show correctly on the Sky website. Every call I make, the person I speak to says they will look into this and resolve. 4 advisors have promised me that they would get back to me but they havent. By far the worst customer service i have received from any company. 3 weeks with no phone. No closer to resolving as nobody is calling me.  What can I do to resolve this?

All Replies

NiccyMacca
Topic Author
This message was authored by NiccyMacca This message was authored by: NiccyMacca

Re: Switching sim from O2

Make that 10 advisors with still no resolution and no working phone 😩😩😩

This message was authored by WNeil This message was authored by: WNeil

I would appear to have joined your club, like you I have switched in my case from BT and suffering the same symptoms. The Sky mobile help line is horrendous, promises made and never kept, not just one advisor either, very little competance exhibited. I have now been transferred to the technical department for their resolution I have little confidence after what has been exhibited to date. Its only being going on for a week so we shall see.

This message was authored by JessicaLi93 This message was authored by: JessicaLi93

I am in the exact same position. I have called numerous times and still nothing other than being told that it's a nation wide issue and to give them a few more days. It's disgraceful. I haven't had a phone for 3 weeks now and have a young baby so darent leave the house in case I break down and can't contact anyone. I can't call, text or use mobile data.. to add salt to the wound.. I have just been charged my first bill.. (I have been on the phone and they are going to refund the money) 

have you heard anything from sky since? I have just been on the phone AGAIN.. and now I am being told "2/3 days" 🤦‍♀️ 

NiccyMacca
Topic Author

Well the nation wide problem is a new excuse to me, I've been transferred so many times....10 times Saturday alone!!! To the wrong people, then wrong departments! In the end I just cried on the phone in sheer desperation and frustration! They promise call backs and updates but absolutely nothing! I am unable to contact my elderly grandmother and my children can't contact me either. It's totally not acceptable and I have no idea what can be done about it! I am due a call at 6pm from a Sky technical manager via my husbands phone as mine as you know is not taking any calls! Which is a nightmare on its own as my husband has had to reschedule his work to take the impending Sky call with me present..... let's just hope they do have the courtesy to call back this evening unlike Friday!

This message was authored by JessicaLi93 This message was authored by: JessicaLi93

Let me know how it goes! I'm feeling the exact same, it's awful. I haven't been able to leave the house and drive anywhere just in case I was to break down with my little one. 
apparently it's all users who have transferred to an iPhone and wanting to keep original number from a different service. You can imagine my anger when I was told "it's isn't just you mam, it's a lot of people" RIGHT... AND?! That doesn't make it any better. 
keep us updated ! 

Also to add to that... today I said I would like to leave and requested a PAC number.. the only way to get one apparently is to "text them" 

like how!?!? I can't text or ring... 

NiccyMacca
Topic Author

Oh no!! I'm 3 weeks too. But what they said to you isn't necessarily true as my husband transferred the same day as me, we both went from o2 to Sky and he has had no problems what so ever, just me!! Typical lol! 

Yes will keep you posted! 

Ahh that's so annoying !! That has angered me, can't imagine how annoyed you must be. 
the fact I have been lied to over and over again about time frames and now this new obvious lie.. about it being nation wide 🤦‍♀️ !!! Clearly it's not !! 

NiccyMacca
Topic Author

Well..... we were PROMISED a phone call from the Sky Technical Manager at 6pm.... now gone 8pm and absolutely nothing!!!! 

Beyond a joke!!!

My husband finished work early, we had to rearrange plans again with the promise of a status update to receive nothing! 

This is the 2nd manager who said they would absolutely promise to call us and have not! That is not including the advisors who also said they would contact us. 
still no working phone, still no idea what is wrong with it.

Absolute shambles of a company!!!

This message was authored by Jamie100 This message was authored by: Jamie100

Same problem here porting from Vodafone. Hours on skys website. Hours on the phone being passed around operators and teams. No one seems to care nor have any idea how to resolve the issue. When I try to make or receive a call it says 'the person your calling is on another line'. Promised call backs and receive nothing. 

NiccyMacca
Topic Author

Exactly the same here!!!

FYI requesting PAC code on 65075 still works. 

NiccyMacca
Topic Author

My husbands transferred over the same day and o2 to Sky no problem. 
Mine.... can't make phone calls, receive them, same message as you! And can't receive messages. 3 weeks now.

I would be understanding if I knew and was told there is clearly a major issue but the customer service team responses... or lack of, including attitude leaves a lot to be desired!!!

I'm planning on going into the store to see if I can get anywhere. Tbh - they can take their phone back and il happily go back to o2 or vodaphone. My partner also upgraded to o2 at the same time. No issues. All I've managed to get out of them is £20 reduction of my bill (yet to see any confirmation of this). Next step is to complain to the financial ombudsman/trading standards I guess 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion