Discussion topic: Stolen phone dpd

This message was authored by urnster This message was authored by: urnster

Stolen phone dpd

Can anyone help please, I had a phone delivery booked for last Friday but it was wasn't delivered , then I got a txt saying it had been delivered and was sent a photo of the delivery address which wasn't my house and it was signed for by 'I' it turns out that the same Dpd driver was due to deliver  2 more sky phones to another address nearby and they didn't arrive, but were signed for by j, and guess what the delivery photo was the wrong house as well the phones have disappeared and apparently it is under investigation by sky but I am being charged next week £32 for a phone I haven't received, I have CCTV and a ring doorbell to coroberate this where do I stand as it's obvious the drivers had them away 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Stolen phone dpd

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As we are customers here all we can do is to say that if you haven't already you need to get in touch with Sky then DPD.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by RobTom This message was authored by: RobTom

@urnster or anybody else in a similar situation...... hav...

@urnster or anybody else in a similar situation......

have you managed to get anywhere with your missing phone? I was due to have a iPhone delivered on Saturday 22nd October by DPD a package arrived which didn't contain the new iPhone 14 but rather a second hand iPhone 12 box which is glued shut. I contacted sky mobile straight away and was reassured it would be resolved within a week and it's now been nearly four weeks and nothing has been done to resolve the issue! I have missed 2 calls from the investigation team both times my phone didn't ring (strange) but, they left a voicemail saying they would call back in 2days!!! There's no option to return their call so it could go on and on for ever!! I've spoken to customer services again today who refuse to freeze the payments so will soon be starting to pay for a phone we did not receive!!

This message was authored by DS1211 This message was authored by: DS1211

Re: @urnster or anybody else in a similar situation...... hav...

did you manage to get to the bottom of what was happening? I've recently gone through this same issue.

This message was authored by DS1211 This message was authored by: DS1211

This message was authored by Kevin2023 This message was authored by: Kevin2023

Hi,

currently going through the exact same thing with Sky and DPD - did you managed to get this resolved and any advice? 

thank you

Hi @Kevin2023 

I'm sorry to say it took weeks and weeks of persistent calling from us for it to be resolved. Every time we rang it would be a different person, we could never get through to the actual department we that were dealing with the issue and they would continually call us when myself or hubby were at work and unable to answer even though we asked them to call at a certain time, they would then leave a voicemail saying they would call back in 2-3 days time! Hence how long it took!

They did eventually replace the hand set but, we had no feedback on what had been done regarding the DPD driver or whoever it was that stole the phone!

I hope it doesn't take as long for it to be resolved for you! Be persistent!

This message was authored by Kevin2023 This message was authored by: Kevin2023

Thank you, I experienced exactly this - plenty of people to answer the phone but convoluted answers. I was told the case team attempted to call me, but I didn't answer - simply untrue. 

nonetheless, I dedicated a good two hours of being passed around various call centres to finally speak to a very helpful lady in the technical side that I think took pitty on me. 

Sky today confirmed they are sending a new handset and will investigate with DPD in the background 

My advice to anyone in this scenario is to simply keep trying, Sky won't just offer up a new phone it seems without a fight. A shame, for sure. 

This message was authored by Lottie07m This message was authored by: Lottie07m

I'm currently experiencing this with sky atm on 24th nov my iPhone 15 pro was delivered but the box was empty I called sky straight away which they then said id hear from the case team within the next 72 hours I only recieved 1 call which I missed and they closed the case saying it was my fault ! I'm currently waiting on what's happening with the phone as I have rang the police and sky keep telling me different stories ! They have now sent me an email saying it could take up to 8 weeks for an outcome on it all  and I still have to pay for a phone you can clearly see is not on my Apple account 

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this and dpd & sky are still getting away with treating their customers like this!! 
We eventually got a resolution (sent a new phone) however, it went on for weeks and weeks you have to be persistent. If you can get an email address try to do it this way as then you have a record of who said what and when otherwise you will find as we did you have to repeat your story every time you manage to speak to someone. Also we had the issue where they would call  - it would ring once and they would go on to say they had tried calling!! The whole process was incredibly frustrating! Good luck with it all - don't give up!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion