Discussion topic: Some texts being delayed

This message was authored by William-84 This message was authored by: William-84

Some texts being delayed

Over the past couple of weeks I've encountered some of my text messages being delayed e.g. not arriving at the recipient for several hours. I've been able to send other messages to the same and other recipients during that specific message being delayed, however. This happens intermittently, across recipients, recipient networks and there's no pattern in terms of the text e.g. one SMS unit, multiple SMS units, pictures, emojis etc.

Ported my number from EE to Sky a couple of months ago and all was well up until the last couple of weeks. Have tried rebooting the phone several times, re-installing configuration settings from Sky twice then rebooting but the issue remains: periodically a message won't send for several hours. I know the message hasn't sent due to Delivery Status within the Google Messages app e.g. instead of one or two ticks, it simply says "SMS". This is using a Galaxy S21 Ultra with up-to-date Android. There are no other issues in terms of calls, network, using data etc.

Is or has anyone encountered a similar issue?

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Re: Some texts being delayed

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi William-84

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

William-84
Topic Author
This message was authored by William-84 This message was authored by: William-84

Hello - issue is still not resolved; was monitoring it as recommended in the chat.

As soon as I try to send a text message of more than 160 characters it's delayed, regardless of recipient and recipient network. Some are sending after five minutes but I've had others that took nearly five hours to send.

This message was authored by ewhishaw This message was authored by: ewhishaw

SMS Texts in our area are being terribly delayed.

The appears to be absolutely now way to contact Sky other than a call - and the live chat is only available during weird hours it seems, so a long conversation to resolve would absorb lots of time which customers do not have. Not sure if this is a problem more widely than the UK area of Reading / Wokingham / Farnborough?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion