Discussion topic: Sky piggy bank rewards

This message was authored by Ehjc This message was authored by: Ehjc

Sky piggy bank rewards

Does anyone else think the piggy bank rewards it getting worse. The jobless headphones last year were £12, then the went out of stock and came back in at £24.00 now they are £41. With 10gb of data. You can't get the same pair off amazon for £35. Same with water bottles they were free now they are £17 plus data. You can buy similar for half the price. 
really what is going on with the rewards. Not worth saving up for anything . Everything you have. Is cheaper else where and you don't have to use data for it.  Does anyone else agree with this 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

Ehjc
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ehjc This message was authored by: Ehjc

Re: Sky piggy bank rewards

oops meant jbl headphones

This message was authored by allanmcc This message was authored by: allanmcc

Totally agree. Accessories no longer worthwhile. Got a water bottle for £0 and 20gb only 6 months ago and was looking for another today only to find its now £17 and 10gb. A scan thro what's available now looks to me like this rewards offer is now no longer worthwhile. It looks like the max amount you can use from your bank to purchase an accessory is 10gb plus cash regardless of how much you have saved.

This message was authored by Curr946. This message was authored by: Curr946.

Totally agree, I got a 128GB memory card for about a tenner and some data, but went to get another and it was like £40.... ebay here I come. 

----------------------------------
Sky Personal & Business Customer
This message was authored by Voicon This message was authored by: Voicon

It is overpriced products you can get elsewhere cheaper, the ppwerbanks are laughable.

Also I don't understand the tiers of discount.

20gb = £10

30gb = £15

50gb = £20

So the lower tiers are £5 per 10gb but the higher is £5 per 12.5gb, all other programs I know award you for the more you save.

This is an ill-conceived program.

This message was authored by Grazy1982 This message was authored by: Grazy1982

When we first started using the piggy bank you could get some really good deals

I had a 256gb memory card for £3.49

2 bottles for £0

JBL wireless earphones for £3.49

JBL bluetooth speaker for £3.49

And countless sky store vouchers for £0

Now you can't use more than  5GB at a time and this only gets you down to RRP. 

Even the sky store vouchers went up to 25GB and now you get £5 off if you pay £5

I dont get this???

This message was authored by wolfy87 This message was authored by: wolfy87

I get this too. It's now the biggest con sky have ever advertised. I once got a JBL speaker for around £3-4 when I cashed in a considerable amount of data. Well over a year ago they restructured the data value and how much of it you can use at once. But I could still get a £10 sky store voucher for around 25g. Excessive but the only thing worth it. Now it's £5 for a £10 voucher and a load of data. Sky have never conce communicated that the prices are changing. It's pretty much a con now as you can get pretty much every item cheaper elsewhere i.e. I bought some JBL Bluetooth headphones for £20 in a shop in my local town. On here they are £45. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion