Discussion topic: Sky mobile issue - new sim contract details not showing on linked authorised Sky ID when logged in

This message was authored by dmk14 This message was authored by: dmk14

Sky mobile issue - new sim contract details not showing on linked authorised Sky ID when logged in

Couldn't find anything on this myself. Have ordered on my ID a sky mobile sim for my wife so she can transfer her existing mobile number to Sky mobile. I have set her up as an additional account holder with her own Sky ID and this is showing under my ID as linked to my existing TV account I used to order the sim. I have  activated her Sky mobile sim using my Sky ID which is working fine and currently awaiting the pac number transfer. The issue I'm having is that when my wife signs using her Sky ID the mobile contract details are not appearing for her meaning she can't access the Piggybank data despite the accounts being linked? Any ideas on how I solve this?

many thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Sky mobile issue - new sim contract details not showing on linked authorised Sky ID when logged

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Only the account holder can access the piggybank.

You either have to do it for her or give your logon details...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Sky mobile issue - new sim contract details not showing on linked authorised Sky ID when logged

Only the account holder can access the piggybank.

You either have to do it for her or give your logon details...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
dmk14
Topic Author

Thanks for the quick response much appreciated. I'm a bit confused as to what was the point of  Sky wanting me to set up a My Sky ID for my wife and link it to my account if she still has to use my login details to access the piggybank ? What's the point of these linked accounts and what are they used for?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@dmk14 wrote:

What's the point of these linked accounts and what are they used for?

She can use her own account to access content via the likes of Sky Go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
dmk14
Topic Author

Thanks for all the replies to my query and the answers received. Is not really the best work around as I'm soon looking to add my daughter as well and ideally didn't really want to share my Sky ID  details with multiple family members but if that's the only way round it I've no option, Seems crazy that Sky Mobile doesn't have a stand along app each user can use to mange the sims?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion