Discussion topic: Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

This message was authored by ElsworthC0105 This message was authored by: ElsworthC0105

Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

In the last two weeks, Sky Mobile has stopped working for me and my partner in Jersey. I have gone from having 4g all over the island to nothing, and am now unable to send or receive calls/ texts and rely on wifi for internet... quite frustrating to say the least!

I've tried all of the recommended troubleshooting methods on the Sky guide and have contacted support, they tell me it has been escalated to the network team and I could expect a response in 2 days (this was 4 days ago) and have received nothing back, I have been chasing daily... quite disappointing customer service

I am wondering if anyone has any additional tips, or can escalate this for me further

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Sky mobile doesn't work in Jersey

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @ElsworthC0105  just checking you have tried connecting to a different local network ?

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I wonā€™t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
ElsworthC0105
Topic Author
This message was authored by ElsworthC0105 This message was authored by: ElsworthC0105

Hi @63johnw, yes I have tried using manual network selection - sure, Airtel Vodafone and JT, all unfortunately not working, which has led to me thinking it's an issue with sky vs a local carrier (as they are still working for others on the island)

This message was authored by Billy This message was authored by: Billy

Re: Phone network in Jersey Q

Sky mobile customer s unable to connect to jersey networks for two days any advise grateful  

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Billy 

Does any network issues show here for you:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Unfortunately Jersey not being recognised to check networks

It is not usually a problem to use our data nd connect without an issue 

Jersey Channel Islands roaming issue

Unable to roam with sky data in Jersey channels islands for the past two days 

Hi wondering if you are still having problems roaming in Jersey we are now 3 days unable to connect , previously no issues usually connect to

JT grateful if you have any info to help resolve I have reported 

Jersey Channel Islands unable to connect to networks

unable to connect to any Jersey networks for days .

usually no issues with roaming escalated but no updates 

anyone else have any issues ? 
thanks 

This message was authored by EggyPeggy123 This message was authored by: EggyPeggy123

Also have the same issue. Have contacted Sky numerous times but no use. Have travelled away from Jersey and has worked fine. Has been like this for four weeks now. Any solutions welcome. Thanks 

This message was authored by EggyPeggy123 This message was authored by: EggyPeggy123

Yes. Had this issue for 4 weeks. Sky don't seem to be able to solve the issue. Never had any problems before. 

Hi thanks for your reply ! Helpful to know it's not just us , this has been escalated numerous time ms but no one seems to be able to help ! Or understand where Jersey is šŸ„“

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi, anyone using an iPhone ? Try going to settings, mobile service, sim applications and try changing the setting in there. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I wonā€™t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

Hi thanks for your reply 

unfortunately this still does not allow us connect to any network here 

This message was authored by JOHN+HAYWARD This message was authored by: JOHN+HAYWARD

Skymobile not working in Jersey

I arrived in Jersey on Friday 15th March I did not receive a welcome message from sky and no roaming or calls my mobile is basically dead. I am relying on my girlfriends mobile to contact and make calls to England. I have tried every step at least twice, this is very frustrating as I need to contact my 91 year old mother daily as well as her carers. Why is my mobile or rather sky nor working? All I get is 'not registered' I will be hanging my network provider when I get home as sky coverage where I live ( mid suffolk) is not very good.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion