Discussion topic: Sky mobile SIM activation

This message was authored by Peach83 This message was authored by: Peach83

Sky mobile SIM activation

Hi 

I took out a new contract with Sky a couple of days ago, and the phone I chose was on back order, so wasn't due to receive it for 3 weeks, which would have coincided nicely my EE contract ending, however it's now arriving tomorrow instead. 

I was wondering  how long I had in order to activate the sim, and subsequently start paying my bill, or do I only start paying once I active the sim? 

Many thanks in advance 

Donna 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Sky mobile SIM activation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Peach83  you start paying for the sim once you activate and the bill is about 2 weeks after activating it but you start paying for the phone about 10 days after you receive it. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by NathanDenst This message was authored by: NathanDenst

Hi, how many days do I have to activate my sim?

I currently have another contract with another provider, but not ready to cancel right now but would like to keep my existing number? 

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @NathanDenst if there is an offer attached to the sim it must be activated within 30 days or you lose the offer, if no offer attached then you have 120 days. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion