Sky mobile 4G data issues

Researcher
Post 1 of 35

Sky mobile 4G data issues

I Recently moved over to sky mobile from Vodafone and got the iPhone xs max, I am getting near zero mobile data on 4G I have updated my mobile data settings and this has not changed. But on 3G my mobile data works as it should. I have no problems using WiFi only on the 4G signal and this is not localised as I travel up/down England daily. 

I did ring sky mobile but they are saying they have no issues but will attempt to look at this issue. I realise they are using o2’s network maybe SKY will need to raise this issue with them? I am still within my 30 days cooling off period and will cancel if this cannot be resolved. What’s the point if I have 8gb mobile data a month if I cannot use.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 35

Re: Sky mobile 4G data issues

@jagsingh wrote:

I Recently moved over to sky mobile from Vodafone and got the iPhone xs max, I am getting near zero mobile data on 4G I have updated my mobile data settings and this has not changed. But on 3G my mobile data works as it should. I have no problems using WiFi only on the 4G signal and this is not localised as I travel up/down England daily. 

I did ring sky mobile but they are saying they have no issues but will attempt to look at this issue. I realise they are using o2’s network maybe SKY will need to raise this issue with them? I am still within my 30 days cooling off period and will cancel if this cannot be resolved. What’s the point if I have 8gb mobile data a month if I cannot use.

Hi @jagsingh Have you made sure you have 4g voice and data switched on in your iPhone mobile data options?

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 3 of 35

Yes it’s showing 4G with full bars but not giving me 4G at all anybody else with this problem ? Sky said they will call me back tomorrow hopefully with a solution 

Oracle
Post 4 of 35

@jagsingh wrote:

Yes it’s showing 4G with full bars but not giving me 4G at all anybody else with this problem ? Sky said they will call me back tomorrow hopefully with a solution 

Hi @jagsingh How do you know that you are not receiving 4g?

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 5 of 35

As It shows 4G top right of screen with full signal but if using mobile data says no internet connection or the speed is severely being throttled when I am using mobile web.  But when I switch to 3G via my mobile data call settings I have no problems 

Runner
Post 6 of 35

I have the same issue moved from Vodaphone to sky to the Xs max.

4G is very slow if works at all, I ran a test and it isn’t even getting to 2mbps, takes ages to load and even simple apps won’t work correctly. Having to reboot my phone or turn airplane mode on and off. Still barely works. 

I am going to also call sky to see what the issue is but prob get told the same. Again if no joy I will just cancel 

Researcher
Post 7 of 35

Accidentally pressed the answer tick !

Sam from sky any info on this major issue,?

Boom Operator
Post 8 of 35

I have upgraded to the Xs max too and my 4G is also playing up can work occasionally but now it’s not working at all but does on 3G.

Boom Operator
Post 9 of 35

A57BA01D-2627-4562-B954-19E026A16D10.png

Boom Operator
Post 10 of 35

Even trying a speed test in 4G isn’t possible as nothing happens but in 3G it does a speed test .

Researcher
Post 11 of 35

Sky mobile should of rang me back today but nothing so will ring back again in the Morning...

Runner
Post 12 of 35

I spoke to them yesterday and they were sending me a new sim out to see if that solves the issue. If not they said it could be the phone. Odd thou as last night I checked the speed about 11.30 and got 11mbps. 

So not really sure what’s going on with it.

he said we have a couple weeks try to solve it if not they said I could leave. 

Boom Operator
Post 13 of 35

Funny how it’s more than just one of us though can’t be the sim surely ?

Researcher
Post 14 of 35

I’ve had the same problem and I’ve had my phone for 6 months the 4G never works even though it says I have full signal I get around 0.1mb 

Researcher
Post 15 of 35

Sky said the same to

me waiting for a new sim if this don’t work then bye sky back to Voda 

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM