Sky hard credit checking model customers.

Camera Assistant
Post 31 of 49

Re: Sky hard credit checking model customers.

Seems to me that when ordered online, most people get what they want, If you phone Sky, most will get refused, probably down to Operator error.

My 'Credit rating' is shocking ,yet online Sky gave me 2 x iPhone 7.

Sky Q Silver
Sky Q Mini
Sky TV Full Emperors Package
Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
Sky Mobile iPhone 7
Empty Bank Account Smiley Sad
Researcher
Post 32 of 49

Well mine isn't good and I didn't get accepted online when I applied for a phone. But am done trying with sky I have the q boxes tv broadband and  a SIM only contract but that ends soon then am moving to o2. For SIM only till I can get a contract with them.

Series Linker
Post 33 of 49

It's an absolute joke. I have been with sky 6 years with a monthly bill of £144.00 which is by DD and always on time but i get refused even their cheapest handset..fair do's my credit score isn't that great at the moment but they should take into consideration how loyal and how good a paying customer you are...

Oracle
Post 34 of 49

@brisr949 wrote:

but they should take into consideration how loyal and how good a paying customer you are...

I don't think that plays a part in it but this does:

@brisr949 wrote:

fair do's my credit score isn't that great at the moment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Manager
Post 35 of 49

As I understand it, we're not allowed to take tenure into account under our obligations as a "responsible lender". Rules etc. are laid out by the FCA for consumer credit agreements. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Camera Assistant
Post 36 of 49

But not as a responsible long term account payer..... LOL

Sky Q Silver
Sky Q Mini
Sky TV Full Emperors Package
Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
Sky Mobile iPhone 7
Empty Bank Account Smiley Sad
Oracle
Post 37 of 49

@brisr949 wrote:

It's an absolute joke. I have been with sky 6 years with a monthly bill of £144.00 which is by DD and always on time but i get refused even their cheapest handset..fair do's my credit score isn't that great at the moment but they should take into consideration how loyal and how good a paying customer you are...

If I were you then I would contact Sky to see why you are paying so much every month.

https://contactus.sky.com/uk

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Viewer
Post 38 of 49

@Cavematt wrote:

I am a sky customer of all there services I tried to take out the Xperia xz today online and was refused by a hard credit check. Ive nether missed a payment to sky and have had no problems upgrading any other services. Im on the sim only

@Cavematt wrote:

I am a sky customer of all there services I tried to take out the Xperia xz today online and was refused by a hard credit check. Ive nether missed a payment to sky and have had no problems upgrading any other services. Im on the sim only deal as I was under the impression I would be able to take a phone once sky had them. I called sky and sat on hold for a hour for them to tell me there is nothing that can be done. Other mobile providers can do stuff to help you out in a situation like this but sky didnt even ask for my account number to see who I was and look at the problem I have. They just said sorry goodbye to me. I understand there just going through the process they need to with a credit check. But on model customers who have always paid on time is a bit excessive to say the least. If I dont get this resolved or given a good reason why I am unable to have a human look at my history with sky and make a decision based on my custom already existing with them I will cancel all my services with them. Other providers are able to make these types of decisions based on previous custom with them it all feels a bit unfair to those of us who have stuck with sky to be hit like this over something silly, if a human looked at my account with them I can see no reason why I would be told no. I can also add over a hundred pounds of upgrades each month to my sky package no questions asked but if I want a £19 a month phone all I get is a big fat NO! If anyone has any serious suggestions about how I could resolve this with sky I would be grateful. Many thanks Matt.

deal as I was under the impression I would be able to take a phone once sky had them. I called sky and sat on hold for a hour for them to tell me there is nothing that can be done. Other mobile providers can do stuff to help you out in a situation like this but sky didnt even ask for my account number to see who I was and look at the problem I have. They just said sorry goodbye to me. I understand there just going through the process they need to with a credit check. But on model customers who have always paid on time is a bit excessive to say the least. If I dont get this resolved or given a good reason why I am unable to have a human look at my history with sky and make a decision based on my custom already existing with them I will cancel all my services with them. Other providers are able to make these types of decisions based on previous custom with them it all feels a bit unfair to those of us who have stuck with sky to be hit like this over something silly, if a human looked at my account with them I can see no reason why I would be told no. I can also add over a hundred pounds of upgrades each month to my sky package no questions asked but if I want a £19 a month phone all I get is a big fat NO! If anyone has any serious suggestions about how I could resolve this with sky I would be grateful. Many thanks Matt.

Researcher
Post 39 of 49

Well I have been refused Xperia xa2 £9 per month (without SIM) following a credit check.  Sky say they use Equifax and that I should contact them.  I actually have an account with Equifax and my credit score is shown as "Excellent"!  So how the hell have i been refused?

I also have Sky Q multiroom and have never missed a payment, never mind I'll go and spend my money elsewhere. 

Production Supervisor
Post 40 of 49

@Tymo wrote:

Well I have been refused Xperia xa2 £9 per month (without SIM) following a credit check.  Sky say they use Equifax and that I should contact them.  I actually have an account with Equifax and my credit score is shown as "Excellent"!  So how the hell have i been refused?

I also have Sky Q multiroom and have never missed a payment, never mind I'll go and spend my money elsewhere. 

It's irrelevant how much you pay for existing services or how long you've had them.  If you fail the credit check then you fail it.   You may have an excellent score but if you have too much credit already that can also have a negative effect when applying for more credit, which is what you are doing when applying for a handset.  It isn't just your score they take into account but also any existing commitments you may already have.

Researcher
Post 41 of 49

Cheers for that, seems rather strict.  The only other thing I have  on credit is a £15 mobile contract for the other half. Thx for the info though. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Post 42 of 49

Another average Jo here that got declined on a iphone 6 £10 mobile contract today. I had to laugh as Sky lapped up my Sky Talk, Fibre Unlimited, Sky Q UHD box plus one extra box, Entertainment, Cinema, On Demand, Netflix at the same time.

The very helpful lady on the phone offered me a SIMO contract.

Don't even feel bad as my credit score is just dandy, never missed a payment, my credit amount is goldilocks thank you very much. Maybe next time.

Managing Editor
Post 43 of 49

I ordered my Xa2 online and was credit searched and thankfuly accepted.

Recorded as Credit application search.

Viewer
Post 44 of 49

Sky is a total joke I haven't missed a bill for anything in my life my credit score is 999 and 617 both exerllexc I got a mortgage for £250k last year and last week I got declined for a £6 a month sim and tablet but went ahead and give me the SIMo for £6 so I lost out on the tablet. This is making me seriously consider moving to bt for all of my services 

No
Production Supervisor
Post 45 of 49

@Ellb85 wrote:

Sky is a total joke I haven't missed a bill for anything in my life my credit score is 999 and 617 both exerllexc I got a mortgage for £250k last year and last week I got declined for a £6 a month sim and tablet but went ahead and give me the SIMo for £6 so I lost out on the tablet. This is making me seriously consider moving to bt for all of my services 

Feel free to chuck all your toys out of your pram because you failed a creditr check. 

Having a good credit score is not the only factor, you need to realise that all the other credit you may have impacts your file also and that if any company feels you have too much credit already then you could be seen as a risk.

Recommended Threads
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
29-11-2018 09:29 AM
11-01-2019 06:19 PM