Sky hard credit checking model customers.

Camera Assistant
Post 16 of 49

Re: Sky hard credit checking model customers.

Well said GD1. Too many jump up and blame Sky when the problem lies at their own door!

Runner
Post 17 of 49

I tried to order an iPhone 6S from Sky yesterday, having been a 10 year + customer.

When the agent tried to put it through, she said I'd failed the Equifax credit check.  Thinking there must be an issue with my credit file, I then checked my Equifax record which was 874 and then Experian, which was 972 - both very good.

No idea why I was refused?!

Sound Supervisor
Post 18 of 49

Perhaps they wanted a perfect score of 999.

The thing i find strange with this, is that you have been a customer for 10+ years. Is that not enough data to make a judgement from.

i know if i owned a business and had a customer for 10+ years that never defaulted on a payment, i wouldn't ask for money upfront, just because they wanted a different product.

Boom Operator
Post 19 of 49

Please ignore your so called credit score this is a marketing ploy used by credit reference angencis for you to spend money on there service,sky or any other company do not see your score,what sky see is your financial outgoing how well you service credit,missed payments if your stretched to far,as in if your income is 20k a year but you got 12k used credit there are so many factors involved.but your so called (999)score is not one of them

Camera Assistant
Post 20 of 49

@Drakes wrote:

Please ignore your so called credit score this is a marketing ploy used by credit reference angencis for you to spend money on there service,sky or any other company do not see your score,what sky see is your financial outgoing how well you service credit,missed payments if your stretched to far,as in if your income is 20k a year but you got 12k used credit there are so many factors involved.but your so called (999)score is not one of them

I totally agree with this, I have reasonably high credit score and don't have a lot of credit. Yes I have two mobile contracts and an order has just gone in for an iPhone X which was accepted and the agreement signed and returned.

I also have 2 credit cards, one with Barclays and the other with HSBC, the BarclayCard has a limit of £2500 with £2500 credit available and the HSBC has a limit of £4000 and I spent £150 food shopping on it Thursday, and when it hit my account today I paid it off in full, and I do this so I accrue air miles on it. I love spending on my HSBC card as the air miles stack up and it gets me and my wife off to New York each year, just by using it and paying back in full what has been spent, nothing wrong with that.

Yet my son who doesn't live with me has a reasonably high score, is racked out on credit, car on finance, credit cards with high utilisation of credit, a next catalogue account with a £2000 limit, and a house of fraser card with £8000 limit, and 21 years on his mortgage to pay. Yet he can't get a Sky Mobile contract and I have to get it for him. I know he can afford it as I wouldn't be putting my neck out. But Sky do a lot more than look at a score when making decisions.

Runner
Post 21 of 49

Sorry I know this is a old post.. I think sky are just acting as a reseller for O2 on the phones so the credit check side for the phone is something to do with O2 where the sim cards are through sky direct hence can pass on sim only but may fail on phone

Oracle
Post 22 of 49

Sky aren't an o2 reseller. Any credit agreement is with Sky, not o2. 

Community Manager
Post 23 of 49

Yep - all credit agreements are with Sky. The SIM isn't a credit agreement (loan) so you're unlikely to be refused that on any credit file grounds. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
New Viewer
Post 24 of 49

I was going to order my nearly 16 yr old son the iPhone SE with the 1mb so it came to £20 pm. Put everything in the basket, said ‘ no upfront cost ‘ then when I was ready to checkout ‘ £60 ‘ upfront cost to pay then £17.50 pm? 

Ive been with Sky for over 20 years... think I’ll just get my lad an add on in my 02 contract, not worth the hassle Sky! 

Runner
Post 25 of 49

Do you people not realise it doesn't matter how long you have been with sky or a good customer if you don't pay your bill for your tv package they cut you off no loss but of you get a phone worth £700  then dont pay bill you still have phone and these days can be opened by someone i get your points tho as i had bad credit and got sky t.v. no problem had it 8 years always paid but my credit still bad I got email offering me a phone £15 cheaper than my o2 contract same deal better phone and I got accepted i just assumed it was because I was with sky but reading yoir comments am shocked at how I got it sorry for the rant just my opinion 

Viewer
Post 26 of 49

I must totally disagree with the credit checking, I have been a sky customer for more than 10yrs and in August 2017 I tired to get a contract phone from them, they said no and suggested the simo but I declined it. I tried again (via the website) In November and was accepted, between November and February they allowed me to take out 5 contracts all with phones. So thats why I disagree about the hard credit checking

Researcher
Post 27 of 49

I have to agree I think if you have been with sky for a long time or even over a year and been good to sky with payments then they should take you on customer value rather then a computer given anwser. They could well lose you all together and that could happen with a lot of customers of sky. 

Researcher
Post 28 of 49

I Dont think that's the case because o2 will let you take out a mobile after 3 months if paying well and on time on a SIM only contract sky now make you pay for 6 months on a SIM only contract and if you pay on time they will let you have a mobile but here is a sneaky  catch I was told by a sky employee that you won't being about to get a high end mobile after the 6 months so no iPhone x or even 8 maybe not even 7 same for Samsung phones I think that's a little low to be honest. 

Community Manager
Post 29 of 49

Regarding the limited credit builder device range. We're not trying to be sneaky at all - I've posted about it here before and we have help page: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-credit-builder

The current range of phones available on Sky credit builder is the iPhone SE, Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and Galaxy J5 2017 and the Sony Xperia XA1 and Xperia L1. This range is subject to change in the future. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 30 of 49

I feel sky is being sneaky I was only told this a few months before the 12 months was up lol any way am glad mine is ending soon so I can go with another company were you don't get offered a low spec phone after paying well. 

Recommended Threads
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
13-12-2018 08:23 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
29-11-2018 09:29 AM
11-01-2019 06:19 PM